Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 90 total)
  • Which discontinued products do you miss?
  • bigyinn
    Free Member

You can still kellogs start.
    Mitsubishi VR4s i wish they still made them. Mmm V6 twin turbo goodness.

joe1983
    Free Member

sweet! going on the shopping list

onewheelgood

Oh, and Continental Cross-Country 1.8s – the only tyre you ever need. Except that you can’t get them any more.

ton

linda lusardi, samantha fox, donna ewing……..proper page 3 stuff.

zaskar
    Free Member

X-lite locking cam skewers.

Tesco’s organic soup range.

Gordymac
    Free Member

Odi Tomac grips – the mushroom pattern ones. Light, grippy, comfy – why don’t they make them any more?

Oh yes they do, i have them on all three of my bikes, best grips ever made imo.

Guilliano
    Free Member

Not discontinued…. just can’t get it down south: Young’s chinese curry sauce mix!!!
    The original smooth surfaced Ringo’s
    Hedgehog crisps
    Walkers beef and onion crisps (steak and onion is not the same)
    KP salt n vinegar nutsters

whyter

scampi niknaks
    sainsburys spicy parsnip soup
    flite alpes (with the cut-away sides) – I bought 3 when I finally found them – fortunately they weren’t as dear as the latest flites are!

renster
    Free Member

My wifes nice figure seems to have been discontinued. Oh, and Golden cup bars.

peteimpreza

XT chainsets for under £100.

slimtubing
    Free Member

Texan bars are sold under the name Pixie Caramel over here in NZ,
    I miss LoaferSport 99s anyone remeber them? like a punk rock version of the more all round indie kid Chuck taylor All Star.
    yes I am a bit of a shoe fetishist.

lammy
    Free Member

um-bongo
    jolly ranchers
    decent steel konas…..

And what the hell has happened to x-lite?

EvoStick
    Free Member

Raleigh Aero Pro Burner

Onzadog
    Free Member

2mm brake cables
    Scott Matthauser brake pads
    Mavic headsets (wish they’d made threadless headsets)
    Pauls internal cam seat QR, totally mud proof
    Onza stainless buzzsaw granny and middle rings.
    Quality cup and cone bottom brackets
    Morning Star freehub buddy
    Hope 5 bold hubs and discs (much prettier than IS 6 bolt)

Oggles
    Free Member

etnies lo-cut 2 in navy and white. Best looking, most comfortable trainers evar

YES. I had a pair of these. I wore them until they fell to bits, which took years. The new etnies just aren’t the same 🙁

aracer
    Free Member

Endura Mighty Mitts. Yes I know they still make a product bearing that name, but they’re a poor imitation of the ones they used to do. I’m particularly fussy with mitts, and thought I’d finally found some that worked for me – grrrrrr!

aracer
    Free Member

Continental Cross-Country 1.8s – the only tyre you ever need. Except that you can’t get them any more.

Probably because they didn’t ever actually make any of them 😉

X-lite locking cam skewers.

You miss them? I think they still make them, but there are far better options than those anyway.

GW
    Free Member

Mavic 121s
    high-end 7 speed groupsets

rob1984p
    Free Member

– qranc gloves especially the dh shorty (i think thats what it was called)
    – avid rollamagig
    – hutchinson octopus tyres
    – 80’s hot hatches

oxym0r0n

Curry Twiglets…

and the Pamir Engineering Hypercracker (I got mine thieved out of the back of the car with the rest of the tool kit a few years ago…)

GW
    Free Member

Ta Rob – Ta, just not really VFM at that price (it would be if i was still on XTR Vs with ceramic pads) 8)

Wozza
    Free Member

I second Conti XC and Etnie LoCut 2 in red and white, killed mine and couldn’t find them again!!!

I been buying conti tyre since in the hope they’ve made them into something else! Explorers are the closest yet.

onewheelgood

chrism, apologies, they were 1.9s. So, I’m not upset about the lack of Continental Cross Country 1.8s, but I really miss Continental Cross Country 1.9s. Better?

Oh, and thanks for that link, Gordymac.

Anthony
    Free Member

Cheers for the links to the flite saddles.

£79.99! I winced at paying £45 for one kicking around my LBS last year, I’m pretty chuffed now 🙂

biggins
    Free Member

Axo Pony boots – The original purple and green

AndyPaice
    Free Member

“Axo Pony boots – The original purple and green “

Whoa, FLASHBACK! they were good boots though, I had the first Nike Poohbars (SP)

TheGingerOne

This thread is turning into a checklist of my house contents 🙂

Continental Cross Country – still using 26×1.5 in the winter
    Answer Flatfoots – still wearing mine from 1996
    X-Lite Camlock – still got a front one, but bent the removable lever
    Hypercracker – been using one up until I got a Hope ProII rear hub as it does not fit.
    Flite Ti’s – been using them since they first came out, preferably all black with no stictched logos. Currently Trans-Alpes on Rigid and CycloX

I’m feeling a lot older than my 32 years of actual living

biggins
    Free Member

I had two pairs of pony boots and then one pair of the mark two. I think my next shoes were ‘naguba’ (not sure of spelling)

To avoid hi-jacking the thread into a shoe fettish I also miss my Fir Impes rims. Rock solid

TheGingerOne

Yes, I have a FIR Impes rim snowflake spoked onto a purple Hope superlight hub hanging on my wall!!

I call it art, others don’t

I had Nike Poobahs and think I tried Poobah II’s but gave up getting them warrantied as the tread kept falling off the soles.

sq225917
    Free Member

Pacers: the chewy mint with the juice inside.
    splicer bars: rolled up Opal fruits in a bar.

and decent cycling shoes with a proper wooden midsole and a leather insole, none of this compressed cardboard shite, or spin bond synthetic.

timber

Panracer duster v

fingerbike
    Free Member

White Onza Porcupine, just so that I can pull skids and leave white lines everywhere.

And the Flite, had a grey one, don’t know what happened to it, they’ve gone up in price too, obviously, still remember I saved up and bought it in 1995 it was £55.

silverpigeon
    Free Member

Ritchey SS tyres
    UN72

The silver foil that they used to wrap kit-kats in. The new stuff is completly useless for making small animals from

shoefiti
    Free Member

‘Cinnamon toast crunch’ from Nesle – cinnamon Grahams are over cooked and don’t have the delicious melt in the mouthness of the mighty crunch. I last saw them some years ago up north a while after i saw them down south – i stocked up but scoffed them all within the week.

ormondroyd
    Free Member

IRC Mud Mads.

Nothing better.

kiwijohn

Hite-Rite? check
    ODI Tomacs? check
    Avid Rollamajig? check
    Flites? check check check

trail_rat
    Free Member

who said mud mads ? got a set in the shed used about …twice !

ormondroyd
    Free Member

I’ll take’em! Ormondroyd at gmail dot com

ormondroyd
    Free Member

And Rollmajigs! Gad, yes! I don’t know why anyone *didn’t* use them. Brilliant. My Indy Fab still proudly wears one.

Actually, do Avid still make SD5 levers? They’re long gone from CRC. Brilliant things. Anything lighter (and more expensive) was too flexy. SD5s feel just right and I’m pretty sure they’ll never get sloppy. My “must have” parts list starts with them (pulling Avid mechanicals of course)

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 90 total)

The topic ‘Which discontinued products do you miss?’ is closed to new replies.