Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Which Derailleur Hanger Alignment Tool?
  • Mat

Any thoughts on what derailleur hanger allignment tool to get? I need to straighten out the hanger on my inbred. I’ve been looking at the following:

LifeLine Derailleur Hanger Alignment Tool

Park Derailleur Hanger Alignment Tool

Cyclus Derailleur Hanger Alignment Tool

Thanks!

trail_rat
    Free Member

Mat ( howard ?) i have one if you just want to borrow for a single job.

Mines is the cyclus.

Northwind

1 rear QR axle (threads into the mech hanger), 1 bit of threaded bar (to go in the dropout and give you a straight line to compare against. The trouble with ones that compare against the wheel is your wheel might not be that straight.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Phil_H

I’ve got the cyclus one, it works.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Adjustable spanner.

If your wheel is sufficiently out to be an issue to straighten by then you are in trouble.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Your drop outs would have to be welded on at a serious angle….

Or your wheel tacoed like a pringle , the beauty of the tool is that it allows you to check it in all planes not just a single plane like the two threaded rod method.

Northwind

It’s the disc brake era, none of my wheels are round! It’s all inaccuracy that you don’t need, while there’s other methods that avoid it.

But, why do you think the 2-rod method can only do one plane? It’s no different from the “proper” tool in that regard.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Inaccuracy ? My wheels are round.and straight.( and so are my hangers )

Yeah i just had a think your right it can do both planes , im just not convinced it amplifies the bend enough to not introduce a different set of inaccuracies.

mav12
    Free Member

screw another wheel if you have one into the mech hanger thread then adjust it untill thw wheel is in plane

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Which Derailleur Hanger Alignment Tool?’ is closed to new replies.