Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Which DAB radio?
  • oldgrump08
    Free Member

Any recommendations for a DAB radio for using round the house (ie doesn't have to be compact)? Looking for something that's easy to use for non-techies, decent sound quality and less than 100 notes.

epicsteve
    Free Member

I'm using a Pure One – can't recall what it cost but it wasn't much.

Andy-W
    Free Member

I have three Pure Dabs and they are all great, the best of the bunch is also wifi so i can stream all my music of my home pc to it, a bit over your budget but if you look around on the net you can get some bargins,also try and get one with the "chargepak" (rechargeable battery) so you can unplug it from the mains and use it anywhere you want

http://www.pure.com/products/product.asp?Product=VL-60896&Category=

Also worth thinking about is do you want to play a mp3 player through as some have audio inputs aswel as outputs

and one last thing, not too sure if its going to happen but i did read about a new Dab+ format on the way soon so if your radio is not able to upgrade(most pure's are) then the radio will not work on the new format

http://www.digitalradiotech.co.uk/articles/DAB+-likely-to-launch-in-the-UK-in-the-next-3-years.php

Andy

JulianA
    Free Member

£99.95 from John Lewis

nuke

I've got a Roberts DAB radio which I love (great to have the ability to pause and rewind live radio). However I love one of these…

oldgrump08
    Free Member

Thanks for the ideas – Pure Evoke it is then….

Harry_the_Spider

I've got an Evoke too. I also have one of these and it is great bit of kit.

Andy-W
    Free Member

I have one of those little Pure Move like Harry and its great, use it at work all the time and you can play my iPod through it

not cheap but well made,solid and very good.

Flaperon

Pure Evoke-1 has the only screen which is easy to read in all conditions.

ronjeremy
    Free Member

from the classifieds if its any help

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Which DAB radio?’ is closed to new replies.