• This topic has 7 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by aP.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Which cycling membership for 3rd party insurance and discounts e.g BC, LCC, CTC
  • benp1

I live in London and commute by bike. I’ve had BC membership for the last two years but it’s coming up for renewal shortly

The reason I signed up initially was for the third party insurance. I’ve since found the discounts handy, like the 10% off in Halfords

No so fussed by the magazines or newsletters in general

As I live/commute in London I was vaguely considering LCC but their discounts weren’t clear when I checked, same as Cycling UK/CTC – discounts mentioned, but not the T&Cs or actual %

Any recommendations? Unless there’s reason to move I’ll just sign up to BC again

Rubber_Buccaneer

I’m a member of Cycling UK/CTC. Don’t suppose I will ever use the Cotswold discount but the YHA discount has (by chance) been worth having. I didn’t really choose them for the discount though, more for the insurance and backup plus the hope they will promote off road access around the country.

benp1

I forgot about this thread 😀

Any other thoughts?

riddoch

CTC doesn’t seem to mention that many discounts on their website so not sure if they are still doing 10% off of evans.
    I think I went for CTC as it was the cheapest for family membership but the BC ride membership cost is recovered in the 10% off of every thing in Halfords.
    I think they both use leighday for legal and the third party cover is similar.
    Not much help there was i

chakaping
    Free Member

CTC doesn’t seem to mention that many discounts on their website so not sure if they are still doing 10% off of evans.

It’s not.

I joined Cycling UK (formerly CTC) as they are far more interested in MTB issues, and I was working with them on a big project.

But then ended up joining BC again when Evans were selling the Ride memberships off half price, as the CRC discount is so useful.

Rubber_Buccaneer

No Evans discount but just remembered I did get 5% off at roofbox.co.uk when I bought my rack

benp1

Thanks everyone. Looks like I’ll be sticking with BC!

aP
    Free Member

I’ve decided not to renew my BC Gold membership (which I used to get heavily discounted as a regional Commissaire), so when that lapses in October I’ll be joining CTC/ CUK whatever they’ll be called by then.
    I used to be LCC back in the 90s, but am less fussed about them now.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Which cycling membership for 3rd party insurance and discounts e.g BC, LCC, CTC’ is closed to new replies.