Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • which cross bike?
  • organic355
    Free Member

So Ive decided on a cross bike, mainly as a commuter, but may give it the old blast round some local trails.

I was all ready to go for the Genesis Croix de Fer, but then I read that the 2011 Genesis Vapour comes with discs & and alfine hub.

Any advice what to go for?

rootes1

have a ride on a few and see which you like the best – then buy that one

your own opinion will be much more valuable in choosing

– obviously ignore my opinion on this opinion of course 😉

flange
    Free Member

Mine – 58cm Airborne Carpe Diem. Campag, Avid discs. £450 + postage!

qwerty
    Free Member
    rootes1

yep now that does look nice

organic355
    Free Member

alfine is the DayOne not vapour

Yeah thats what I meant, does look good doesnt it?

Any pricing info anywhere?

qwerty
    Free Member

Best of all, Genesis have managed to spec the bike so that it sneaks under the £1000 Cyclescheme limit by a quid

coopersport1
    Free Member

I've been looking at these as well but the flat bar Day One instead, how does that compare to Cotic Roadrat? Also found a new SS Flat bar Day One for £350 so loads cheaper than the Cotic, that'll probably sway the decision!

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Discs? Do they allow discs in cross nowadays?

kelvin
    CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Good God! Next they'll be doing away with the twin triangle or allowing gears or some such

organic355
    Free Member

any idea on weight comparisons between the Croix de Fer (Which is supposed to be heavy) and the Day one with Alfine (heavy) hub?

joe@brookscycles
    Free Member

I'm guessing you won't be interested in the slightest, but there are some cracking deals on Giant TCX2's around at the moment. Only from stock though, all sold out @ Giant.

organic355
    Free Member

I'm guessing you won't be interested in the slightest, but there are some cracking deals on Giant TCX2's around at the moment. Only from stock though, all sold out @ Giant.

Looks good too but Ive got my heart set on disc brakes, its too wet up here in Scotland and I have wrecked my ultegra wheels on my road bike with commuting grit!!!

bigG
    Free Member

Kona Jake the Snake is well worth a look, just over a grand these days.

I've had one for a couple of years and it still amazes me what the bike's capable of handling, here she is on a summers evening ride around Carron Valley (happy days). Discs on a CX are over rated in my opinion. A well set up set of Cantis are capable of stopping my not inconsiderable bulk off road and on.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘which cross bike?’ is closed to new replies.