Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Which courier am I thinking of here?
  • munkster
    Free Member

I remember a couple of years ago booking a courier who picked up from outside my house (in a safe location) while I wasn’t there. Anyone know who I’m talking about or whether there’s anyone else like that?

Turns out my consignment (a frame) is too large for ParcelFarce and Hermes (my new preferred easy courier) only allow parcels up to 120cm long (mine is 130cm, curses!).

TIA, comme toujours, merci merci bisous.

gobuchul
    Free Member

Use Send it Now

A cheaper version of parcel force which has a limit of 150cm, which can be seen in the link.

Seems strange Parcel Force have a limit of 120 cm?

I have sent several bikes with them. No problems at all.

One of them was bigger than what was stated on the website but the driver never noticed and took it anyway.

chunkymonkey
    Free Member

Parcelforce go up to 1.5m but they class it as large and charge a bloody fortune!!

munkster
    Free Member

I have sent several bikes with them. No problems at all.

Yep, me to. Bloke at PO: “In the old days I would have taken it but they’ve got pretty hot on it recently” or words to that effect…

Maybe it wasn’t the length as much as the measurement all the way round. Either way he wouldn’t take it.

Will look up Send it now, thanks.

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

What are you sending? A tandem?
    I ride 20-21″ frames and I’ve yet to find one that won’t fit in a 120cm box. All hardtails have fitted in a 100x60x20cm box.
    A bike might be a different matter…

munkster
    Free Member

It probably would fit in a 120cm box mate, but I happen to have a 130cm box…

Looking at the ParcelForce “packaging guidelines” unless I am misreading it, I believe the parcel should, by those guidelines, be fine so I am going to book it on SendItNow and quote said guidelines if challenged.

munkster
    Free Member

I was misreading it. Bit of a saga now this.

DOES anyone know of a courier who will collect from your house (a safe location near/on it) when you’re not in??

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Which courier am I thinking of here?’ is closed to new replies.