• This topic has 17 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by andyl.
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Which compressor for Tubeless in Screwfix sale?
  • servo
    Free Member

This one is only 4.5L and is quite neat. Is it enough to pump up tubeless mtb tyres?

http://www.screwfix.com/p/stanley-dn-8-5-4-5ltr-portable-air-compressor-240v/22374

Or how about this one?

http://www.screwfix.com/p/impax-walkair12-12ltr-compressor-230v/15318

Or this one might be better as it comes with fittings

http://www.screwfix.com/p/stanley-8216035scr011-24ltr-compressor-with-5-piece-accessory-kit-240v/48089

Cheers!

bruneep

The last one in your link has issues with fish, so I wouldn’t bother.

” Excellent value for money. Bought the compressor to do various DIY jobs around the house and its perfect. Despite its size it delivers a good punch. No need to buy any accessories as it comes fully equipped. Could do with a longer power cord but this is a minnow issue. “

AlasdairMc

Get the big one. I’ve got a 24l one and it blows up any tyre, fat included.

Northwind

I’d go with the stanley- receiver size is probably the most useful thing for tubeless, and bigger is better.

allthepies
    Free Member

Tried ghetto instead ? Buying a compressor just for tubeless seems massive overkill.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Tried ghetto instead ? Buying a compressor just for tubeless seems massive overkill.

This. Bonkers.

thatscold
    Free Member

Once you have a compressor you’ll find other uses for it. You won’t regret buying one.

Nail guns are fun!

wolfenstein
    Free Member

😯

rob2
    Free Member

If you can afford it get the big one. I use ghetto tubeless coke bottle but found a friends compressor much easier and works much better for all tyres. If £100 notes isnt a problem I’d get the last one

cloudnine
    Free Member

My 5 year old daughter inflated my last tubeless tyre with a track pump… I don’t quite get why you need a compressor?

maccruiskeen

Nail guns are fun!

There are… until you discover hammer guns. Onces you’ve had your hands on a gun that fires two hundred 16oz Ball Pein hammers a minute theres no looking back.

If you had a hammer gun, you’d hammer gun in the morning, evening, danger, warning, brothers and sisters, justice, freedom, and all over that shizzle.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Im having one of them in the new year at vat free sale…

How ever i want an air orbital/impact gun and blasting and spraying.

I have a 24l direct drive noise machine atm and its fine for tubeless but really struggling wit sprayingn im doing atm.

darrenspink
    Free Member

Nobeerinthefridge – Member
    Tried ghetto instead ?Buying a compressor just for tubeless seems massive overkill.

This. Bonkers.

[video]http://youtu.be/-zws29VmHX4[/video]

Northwind

For whatever it’s worth, I have a bottle inflator, I’ve found it really not worth the time it took to make- it’ll inflate an easy tyre, but it’s yet to inflate any tyre that’s defeated my pump. Always suspected that the people impressed by them, just have crap pumps…

I’d not buy a compressor just for tubeless myself though

trail_rat
    Free Member

I retract my previous statement….

I got an airmaster tiger 100l for my xmas.

Not one to look a gift horse in the mouth itll do what i need it to on my scale.

How ever my old 70 quid 24 litre job is fine for tubelesS – just be sure to get a good inflator , some are crap for flow. My first one from aldi was a joke.

oxym0r0n

Anyone tried using a petrol garage inflator – does it pack enough punch?

trail_rat
    Free Member

If you get one with the “inflate from flat” option yes.

Its that burst you need.

andyl
    Free Member

Get a foot pump and use one of the tyres/spare from your car.

Tbh I think you would find a better compressor on ebay for <£100. The little ones are quite neat though.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Which compressor for Tubeless in Screwfix sale?’ is closed to new replies.