Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Which company is best for recycling old ipads?
  • blader1611
    Free Member

Just had a maddening experience with zoomfish gadget who quoted me £100 for my ipad mini 1st gen. The ipad is faultless and fully boxed with all accessories, They have now sent me an email saying that they have tested it and found a scuff on the casing so are now going to offer me £61. I have never seen a scuff but if it has one it must be damn small. I politely told them to return the item while i chew on the bitter taste of all there false promises on the website.

Who can i trust to recycle this at the quoted price?

blader1611
    Free Member

It gets worse, they are now stating due to high volume my ipad wont be sent back till 25th Jan! Why would it take 2 weeks to pop a box in the post. Is this a scam/ ploy of some sort that i am missing?

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

They evidently dupe a lot of people and have to return a lot of stuff. Their one person in dispatch has a backlog.

Cougar

Use mobilevaluer.com then look at the attached reviews.

xora

Yes its a scam, the whole exercise is to make it as inconvenient as possible to not except their offer.

No different to webuyanycar!

the-muffin-man

When you get it back stick it on eBay. £85 to £120 seems to be the going rate for 1st gen iPads.

Or if you actually want to recycle it, chuck it in the electricals skip at your local tip.

footflaps

Or if you actually want to recycle it, chuck it in the electricals skip at your local tip.

Sure it won’t just end up as landfill?

There can’t be any money in recycling consumer goods at the moment, commodity prices are rock bottom.

jambalaya
    Free Member

When you get it back stick it on eBay. £85 to £120 seems to be the going rate for 1st gen iPads.

I don’t want to sell mine (64GB WiFi only) but as both sets of parents have found they don’t use it I may well do this with mine

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Which company is best for recycling old ipads?’ is closed to new replies.