Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Which compact camera with viewfinder for £100?
  • wl
    Free Member

After a decent compact digital that has an optical viewfinder for around £90-£110. Needs to take a good pic and not be too complicated/fiddly for a 75-year-old if poss. Was thinking Lumix deal, but they seem to be screen-only at my budget, not with viewfinders. Any recommendations? Ta.

PS – needs to have both screen and optical viewfinder.

aP
    Free Member

I’ve been looking for something digital that approximates to an Olympus XA2. Doesn’t seem to be anything out there unfortunately.

johnellison
    Free Member

You’ll struggle to find a compact with an optical viewfinder at that price. Double your budget and you may have more luck.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    wl
    Free Member

Cheers for these – will check the Canons. Any other tips or recommendations most welcome.

kiwijohn

You might find a second hand Fuji X10.

ransos
    Free Member

The viewfinder on my canon Ixus compact is completely useless. I wouldn’t buy without trying first.

neilchristie
    Free Member

I recently bought the Canon Powershot A1400 as mentioned and I love it! I use pro spec SLRs and wanted something cheap to stick in the pocket. I just noticed that the optical viewfinder zooms with the lens too. Around £50 from ASDA. Happy snapping 🙂

fivespot
    Free Member

I am thinking of selling my Canon G12. Bought new last year from John Lewis for £380. Will sell for £125 because there is a dent in the magnesium body from when it fell out of my camera bag 2 weeks after buying it. (see pic) All functions work as new, it is purely cosmetic. It can be as complicated or easy as you want. Put it in auto, and it will still take superb images, or play with the huge array of options to obtain various results. There is also a tiny spec on the lens that is far too small to see in a photo, and doesn’t show itself on any images. It will come in original box with all the discs,cables, charger, booklet etc. it was supplied with. The only alteration I have made, is to the neck strap, which I cut and turned into a wrist strap (works great)

I’m sure the guys on here who have/had one of these will vouch for how good they are. And I am sure when you do a search on second hand G12’s, you will see how cheap this is.

ricardo666
    Free Member

I have an old canon ixus 80, it has a view finder, which is great in bright sunny conditions, when its hard to see the lcd screen.

Takes great pictures at only 8megpixels, would love a big canon 400 but scared of getting it knocked, out on a ride, plus less jelly babies to hide in the camelback.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Which compact camera with viewfinder for £100?’ is closed to new replies.