Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Which CO2 pump
  • Nicknoxx
    Free Member

Recommend me a CO2 pump please. I assume one is effective as another so cost and long term availability of cartridges seems crucial. Must fit in my under saddle bag.

Thanks

Milkie
    Free Member

I’ve just bought myself one from CRC.

SKS Airgun

I was impressed by my friends Co2 pump (same as above). It’s small, it works, what more do you want!

I then bought 30x canisters for £20 from TyreInflators.co.uk

leftyboy
    Free Member

Dont’ get the Specialized one, mine failed last night (only used once before) and I got very wet pumping up a leaky tube with a ‘normal’ pump!

Nicknoxx
    Free Member

What are the pros and cons of threaded Vs non-threaded cylinders?

Lanesra
    Free Member

I’ve got the innovations plus which takes threaded or non threaded, hasn’t failed me in over two-years

http://www.cyclesurgery.com/1023157/Innovations-Ultraflate-Plus.html

Milkie
    Free Member

What are the pros and cons of threaded Vs non-threaded cylinders

?

Can’t really help you on that one.. The only thing I can think of is a threaded one can’t be easily “accidently” taken off?

16gm threaded canisters are very common.

For those weight weenies out there, a canister weights 59grams. 😉

crispybacon
    Free Member

I’ve got an Innovations Second Wind MTB Pump & CO2 – HERE – it’s a normal pump or you can use CO2 cartridges for pumping up your tyres, I know which I use the most

It’s small enough to slip into your camelbak & very easy to use, in fact I used mine on Sunday on a mates inner up on Dartmoor, 2 seconds job done.

enfht
    Free Member

Go for the SKS Airchamp Pro, its enclosed so you dont burn your hands and it takes both threaded and non threaded cartridges. What I didnt realise though is it only pumps my 2.35 tyres up to 20psi which is a bit pants/expensive. Have a hunt around on t’internet and you’ll find far cheaper cartridges (20 box etc)

Gary_M
    Free Member

I’m using the same one as Lanesra and its very good, but not clear if you’re after one that is a normal pump/c02 can as well.

Apparently the non-threaded cartridges don’t fit innovations inflators very well – neck isn’t wide enough, that came from the guy at tyre inflators site.

Nicknoxx
    Free Member

Gary_M – Member

I’m using the same one as Lanesra and its very good, but not clear if you’re after one that is a normal pump/c02 can as well.

No, I want just a CO2 pump as I want to fit it into a 125mm saddle bag. Has anyone tried one of these?

http://www.tyreinflators.co.uk/cls-tyre-inflators/mosa-co2-red-inflator-non-threaded-16gm-only/prod_228.html

crispybacon
    Free Member

If you really want to go minimalist then try an Innovations Air Chuck – HERE – it will easily fit in your 125mm saddle bag 🙂

Lanesra
    Free Member

The innovations one easily fits in my saddle bag along with 3 spare cannisters, rear light, MTE P7 Torch & 3 spare batteries, lockblock, Alien II, Spare tube and a small box with patch kit and spare powerlinks (it’s a specialized dirtbag) Bloody heavy but keeps weight of the back and means I don’t need a rucksack all the time.

As for threaded cannisters the sleeve only goes halfway up the can which is enough to stop your hands freezing.

waihiboy
    Free Member

i have the innovations one and its brilliant, fits all cartridges once you get the knack.

this one..

null

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Which CO2 pump’ is closed to new replies.