Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Which CNC Nano's?
  • GiantJaunt
    Free Member

I'm considering getting some Superstar CNC Nano's but there's 2 types and I'm not sure what's best. The through pin ones are heavier so what's the advantage of a through pin? Might it be worth paying the extra for some wah wah's? Cheers.

stevede
    Free Member

Definately wouldn't pay extra for wah wah's. Basically the thru pin version make it easier to replace damaged pins by allowing you to get an allen key into the head on the back whereas the others you will find changing a damaged pin a bit more difficult.
    I have a a set of each on my 2 bikes. Get the thru pin version if you regularly damage pins, if not the others are fine. Both brillant pedals – don't be sucked into paying more than superstar prices, wah wah's are essentially the same, as are the much more expensive nukeproof's.

kevster
    Free Member

Ive just bought a set of ht components pedals from ready to ride cycles, went for the grub screw pedals in alu in the same shape as the superstar mags. £34.99 is a good price. Did wonder about the thru pin versions but didnt know if the grip was as good (slightly less pins), sure they're fine though. Also check out the El Gallo Jeffe pedals on eBay, same pedal without the strut, also cheaper than superstar! Hope that helps?

GiantJaunt
    Free Member

Ok thanks. I might go for the non thru pin ones as they have more pins. Does anyone have experience of these pedals ? Do the pins wear out quickly and are they replaceable on the non thru pin pedal? Cheers.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

I’ve had a set of Nano Thru Pins on my SX Trail for the last two summers. They’ve taken a few knocks/scrapes and the anodising is worn away on each side, but the pins are fine and they’re still very grippy. No sign of wear in the bearings/bushing, either. I wouldn’t hesitate to buy them again.

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

I have both types of Nanos, the grub screw versions have better grip and haven’t lost any pins yet.

jamiep
    Free Member

FYI both types are now 10% off

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Which CNC Nano's?’ is closed to new replies.