Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • which clock for the motorcycle ?
  • lord
    Free Member

thinking to get a clock for the m/cycle , some digital some more traditional , what do you have ? cheers

Stoner
    Free Member

Im astounded they cant manage to put a decent LCD clock on a motorbike dash.

I got one of these that I keep on a lanyard on my jacket, a bit like a pocket watch so that I can use the blue backlight when Im late for the train on a winter’s morning

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/8-In1-Mini-LED-Digital-Altimeter-Barometer-Compass-Clock-Thermometer-For-field-/180915083463?pt=UK_SportingGoods_HikingEquipment_RL&hash=item2a1f6118c7

br
    Free Member

Im astounded they cant manage to put a decent LCD clock on a motorbike dash.

Every m/c I’ve had for the last 20 years has had a clock in the dash, so not sure what he’s got.

thegreatape
    Free Member

I think someone might be confusing a motorcycle with a chicken chaser.

anagallis_arvensis

My bike doesnt have a clock but i’m so fast it doesnt matter, or something…..

Northwind

Mine didn’t have a clock, so I got a wee Motrax thing from a motorbike tat shop, worked a charm.

dan1980
    Free Member

I’ve not got a clock on mine and it doesn’t bother me in the slightest.

I find the trick is to check the time before I depart, and leave in plenty of time to get to my destination. I can then ride along in happy ignorance of not knowing the time until I get to my destination.

What are you going to do with a clock on your bike, apart from realize you’re late for something and then perhaps ride like a tool to try and get there on time?

Cougar

I got a little LCD thing, looked like an 80s digital watch without the ‘watch’ it. Honda branded, amusingly. Affixed to the dash with a bit of velcro.

What are you going to do with a clock on your bike,

Invaluable when I used to commute on it.

Stoner
    Free Member

apart from realize you’re late for something and then perhaps ride like a tool to try and get there on time?

well if that’s as far as your imagination stretches then….

As it happens I find mine useful, for example to check whether I have time to fill the tank and catch my train or whether it would be prudent to do it on the return trip.

Northwind

dan1980 – Member

What are you going to do with a clock on your bike

“Do I have time to go round the loch by the wiggly road, or should I go over the bridge”

mr-brightside
    Free Member

i put a sigma computer on mine it tells me the time and gives me the speedo reading in mph instead of kph (bikes an import)

crikey
    Free Member

I put an ashtray on my monkey bike.

rp16v
    Free Member

i have a old watch front glued to my top yolk protector douse the job however thinking of flushing something better into the plastic dash/facia

rickmeister

cheap waterproof wrist watch fastened round a mirror stalk…

Stoner
    Free Member

This is my mate’s only “speedo” 😉

[img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-QEesUEbSh5M/Tgjnxh-MUEI/AAAAAAAAABg/fCO7wjuP_BA/s640/IMAG0249.jpg[/img]

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘which clock for the motorcycle ?’ is closed to new replies.