• This topic has 129 replies, 87 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 10 posts - 121 through 130 (of 130 total)
  • which classic computer game(s) would you like remade for today?
  • Garry_Lager

Another classic that’s been remade for phones and ipads is sentinel – renamed as capita.
    Anyone play that? Would be a top 5 C64 / spectrum game for me. Sort of narrow appeal, v strategic game, but endlesssly challenging.

Initial impressions on the ipad version are very good, seems to suit the touchscreen controls very well. Not really played it in anger yet, though.

dogbert
    Free Member

p.s. Starship command. I think my mondeo has better graphics TBH

Christ that’s a blast from the past. Acorn Electron was my first computer and I think i got to play that game maybe 6 times in total because it would never load. Everyone else got a Spectrum and I got an Acorn…..I always seemed to end up with the machine no-one had

But back to the topic……Road Rash on the Mega Drive, can’t tell you how many hours I lost to that game during my early college months, pretty much failed my course because of that.

Cougar

The one I’d love to see remade, with a GTA type game engine, is Skooldaze / Bak 2 Skool

Isn’t that ostensibly what Bully is? (Or Canis Cantaloup Cannondale or whatever they renamed it to)

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    v10
    Free Member

Road Rash was a big one for me too, can still remember the cheat codes for 2 to get the ‘wild thing’… many hours spent running back to that thing!

FFVII is still my favourite game ever and will be buying the remake as and when but running it a close second is probably Shining Force 2

dribbling
    Free Member

I’m kinda emotional after reading this.

Mostly been mentioned from my era; I’ll just add Green Beret for speccy +3 (disc drive, oh yes)

…but from the arcades…

Space Harrier anyone? “get ready!”

Wouldn’t want any of them remade though mind you.

butcher

This thread brings back some memories. Good to see soome BBC / Acorn love.

My favourite ever game (aside from Chuckie Egg of course) was Citadel (it just seemed so vast at the time). I’m not sure how many people will remember it, if any? To this day I still haven’t completed it, despite going back and trying it on a simulator with infinite lives. It was **** hard. Yet my life won;t be complete until I do.

teadrinker
    Free Member

I haven’t read all the posts here so apologies for repeats but from C64 days I would love to see

Turrican
    Midnight Resistance
    Tai Pan
    and the best game I have ever played Kikstart.

Steve77
    Free Member

Goldeneye’s old enough to be a classic. Upgrade the graphics and it would give the modern FPS’s a run for their money

Flaperon

Deus Ex. Shiny new graphics… uh, well, that’s the only change they need to make. Sequels just didn’t do it for me.

Drac

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQRKlQox-OQ[/video]

Viewing 10 posts - 121 through 130 (of 130 total)

The topic ‘which classic computer game(s) would you like remade for today?’ is closed to new replies.