Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Which class in BC XC
  • steve_b77
    Free Member

It’s all a bit confusing.

I’m going to some of the Welsh and Midlands XC races this year and to be honest the categories have got me a little confused.

I’m 38 and have done some XC racing before at places like Cannock, Hope XC series up at Lee Quarry and a few of the Manchester Mid Week races and I’ve done this years NorthWest CX league also.

OH yeah, I’ve currently got a Bronze Licence, will that be ok or do I have to upgrade (can I) to a Silver?

So I’m thinking that Sport may be the best bet, what does the forum think?

Adam_Buckland
    Free Member

At 38 you in the ability cats as your too old for juniors and not old enough for vets so fun, open or sport are good places to start depending on you fitness. I think I’m right in saying that each of these cats is just one lap longer than the previous. Sport has a good mix of ability and usually attracts a reasonable field.

amedias
    Free Member

Assuming you used to race in Masters, you should probably now enter Sport.

Open if you’re just in it for fun, Sport if you actually want to race, it normally has bigger field and quite a mix of ability but is quite quick at the top end as you have all the quick guys from Sport and Seniors + old Masters entrants + dropouts from Expert.

ferrals
    Free Member

In the welsh xc series there were very few entrants in Fun the last couple of years while I’ve been doing it, everyone seems to do Sport and there is a fair mix of abilities. I’d do Sport, thats what I’ve been doing, last year around 20-25ish in the category
    For the Wlesh series bronze is fine as you get the provisional racing license, if you want to race any of the BC national series events you’ll need a silver license and a full race license.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Cheers guys, no intention of racing nationals, just regional ones.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Which class in BC XC’ is closed to new replies.