Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Which Christmas Party?
  • Kryton57

So two that are important to me fall on the same day:

a) work, which is facing a few “strategic” changes next year some of which is focused around me. It’ll probably be good for me to network and be present…

b) the bike club, beer and bike and the chance to get to know a few more people and some road racing tips 🙂

The first I’d need to stay soberish, so as not to act a plonka for my future’s sake, the second is my first club party, so I’d want to stay soberish so as not to act a plonka…

??

Drac

Both catch the end of one them.

jekkyl

If I had to choose one I’d go to the bike one, it is Christmas after all and you want a chance to enjoy yourself. If not go to the meal for the work one but you will have already made up some reason for which you’ll have to leave early, then go and enjoy yourself.

stox
    Free Member

The one with the most blart

patriotpro
    Free Member

The false-faced (work) one first when you will be sober then the other one where you can neck the pills and go for it. 8)

kcal

Was never in the political situation of having to turn up for work party, I ended up with only enough energy for one Christmas party and elected to go out with my cycling mates on a self-funded evening out of easy banter rather than paid for office Christmas do. This was made easier after a frankly awful works do in a brewery (no, really).

nickjb
    Free Member

Go to the work one early, have a chat, then go to the bike one for a drink later

Kryton57

The two are 75 miles apart. :-/

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Works one then. There’ll always be a bike one next year. If, politically it would be best to do the work one, then you gotta suck it up I guess.

My party’s going to be awesome. It’ll only be me telling myself how great I’ve been this year. Just like any night out for me to be honest.

Kryton57

Lol!

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’d go to the works “parrrrtay” too, though suspect it will be dull as eating chips without vinegar and twice as succy teeth in..
    Hold your tum in, be pleasant and in work mode, ignore telling everyone what you do out of work or you will become a bore, and nobody likes a vacuum.
    Then I’d propose the the Bike Club you just join in on one of thier runs and run them all ragged by introducing yourself and talking about work whilst on the steepest climb..

Of course, you could ingore my advice.. 😆

john_drummer
    Free Member

if you feel that you’re “expected” at the works one, then that’s the one to go to.

I’ve been in IT for 25 years, the first 8 years were local to where I lived, but I was seen by many, especially the management, as “the office junior” so going to the works Xmas party would have done nothing for my career. so I never went.

since ’97 I’ve been a long distance commuter and the works party has always been close to the office, not close to home. 30-40 mile taxi fare home might be a tad expensive. And there’s the issue of how would I get back the next morning (almost always mid-week), public transport from home to work requires at least 2 changes of train and lengthy waits in between.

So I’ve still never been to a works xmas party 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Which Christmas Party?’ is closed to new replies.