Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Which Chinese carbon tubeless disc road wheels or rims?
  • cloudnine
    Free Member

Toying with the idea of either buying or building some aero ish road wheels. Can’t afford fancy enve or zipps..
    So.. I’m thinking 50mm carbon rims, tubeless, disc hubs.
    Chinese carbon seems a bit of a minefield so not sure what’s good or not… Any recommendations please

reggiegasket
    Free Member

I run some LB tubeless. They aren’t so deep though, more like 35mm. Nice rims; wide, work well tubeless. I’ll see if I can find a link. They are a few years old though so maybe LB have changed the design…

chum3
    Free Member

I’ve just ordered these, off the back of good previous experience with their MTB rims:
    https://www.lightbicycle.com/Road-bicycle-rims-28mm-wide-46mm-deep-aero-clincher-road-disc-brake-available.html

They’re wide mind, so perhaps not for you if you run tyres smaller than 25mm. They’ve described them as their ‘new’ rims, but not sure how new that is!

scaredypants

I have some LB “u-shape” 55mm deep ones (novatech 771/2 hubs)

Haven’t ridden much on them (arrived late autumn – zwifting season! 😳 ) but they seem fine to me

cloudnine
    Free Member

Thanks.. LB looks like the Chinese carbon wheel of choice.. The only bad thing is the impending drop of the pound..

rickmeister

Not lb, but the ICAN rims I have are proving vey good indeed. Bought as a built up wheel set, no hub problems over two years. No problems changing tyres, no delamination and tubeless has been very easy…

Good responsive comms with the company too

Jason
    Free Member

LB rims on mine. I got them to build the wheels on Novatec hubs with a solid rim bed, so go up very easily tubeless. 2 years later and still going well. Mainly used on the road, but occasionally sees some off road action.

njee20
    Free Member

I’ve got FarSports road rims, far more choice than LB, every width and depth you could imagine. They’ve been faultless, would quite like several more sets!

dirtyrider
    Free Member

worth a watch , if your considering some of the lesser known “brands”

tpbiker
    Free Member

Just sold some 50 mm lb wheels. weighed about 1550 gm and Looked lovely but a bit of nightmare too get tyres on and off.

Would defo run them tubeless as trying to change a tyre on a cold day was literally impossible!

Poopscoop

dirtyrider – Member
    worth a watch , if your considering some of the lesser known “brands”
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bb7eCgLbLI

Now that was an illuminating and funny watch!

Really does sum up some of the, erm, ethics and alternative facts of the bike industry.

Actually, many more industries too!

dufusdip
    Free Member

Now if only there were ten folk on here looking for carbon wheels with dt240 hubs.

My friend was riding a really nice set he picked up online…

Poopscoop

dufusdip – Member
    Now if only there were ten folk on here looking for carbon wheels with dt240 hubs.
    My friend was riding a really nice set he picked up online…

Haha! 😀

cloudnine
    Free Member

What have I missed?

Poopscoop

Have a look at the YouTube vid mate. 😉

Vid nws though!!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Which Chinese carbon tubeless disc road wheels or rims?’ is closed to new replies.