Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Which cheaper Two man tent?
  • Christowkid
    Free Member

Hi All,
    looking for a 2 man tent for my daughter, simple dome type or similar that’s easy to put up/down and can take a bit of weather if necessary. It’s more for a quick weekend away by car rather than super lightweight bike-packable expedition use.
    Any recommendations out there?
    thanks
    Q

Nick

Some of the pop-up tents are great, they’ve improved them and added a porch of sorts, check out Blacks or Decathlon

simon_g

The Quechua 2 Seconds ones are pretty good as long you don’t need it to pack onto a bike or in a backpack. Very easy to get up and down (once you’ve read the instructions) and our 3-man XL one seems pretty well built.

Great for festival use too as they don’t need guy ropes unless it’s really windy, so less for people to fall over.

simonralli2
    Free Member

Another tick for the Decathlon ones, but I had to go back to the shop and get a demo of how the heck to get it back down again. I am worried that by the next time I go camping with it, which may well be a long time away, I will have forgotten how to do that final twisty thing to get it back in the bag.

Nick

They are pretty easy to pack up, at worst it’s trial and error

simon_g

Demo of how to do it for our tent is here:

The others are much the same. Easy once you have the knack.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Which cheaper Two man tent?’ is closed to new replies.