Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Which cheap Garmin GPS?
  • BluePalomino
    Free Member

Geko or eTrex H ?
    I'm clueless, which is best for for the bike? Can i plan routes and upload to either of these?
    Cheers

househusband

I've now got the eTrex H and it'll do everything I need it to; marking waypoints, etc – but I use it mainly for keeping a log of where I've been as I never go anywhere without a map. I did have the Geko years ago, then the GPS 60; the latter was overkill for what I needed and rather cumbersome too. You'll be grateful for the extra screen size of the eTrex H over the Geko.

Got my eTrex H from Amazon, IIRC.

andrewy

I had a basic geko, which is fine to just get a fix, but I couldn't attach it to the pc. So I got an Etrex H which is much better, all you need really unless you want to go to the expense of inbuilt OS mapping. Also, as an aside, I found the Geko's buttons far too easy to press by accident, eg when it was in the camelbak – very annoying.

BluePalomino
    Free Member

thanks for the info. So would the eTrex H cope with the following;
    i plan out a route using GPS mapping software, upload the route to the eTrex, then go navigate along the route with the eTrex. ?

tragically1969
    Free Member

thanks for the info. So would the eTrex H cope with the following;
    i plan out a route using GPS mapping software, upload the route to the eTrex, then go navigate along the route with the eTrex. ?

Yes

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Which cheap Garmin GPS?’ is closed to new replies.