Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Which chain guide for Trek Procaliber?
  • Stevie-P
    Free Member

I’m looking for a chain guide for a Trek Procaliber RSL. I’ve tried the One-Up one that I thought was correct but it’s no where near fitting. Ideally light and minimal. Anyone got any ideas as to what fits?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Shouldn’t need one. Clutch mech and a thick/thin chainring will do the trick, didn’t it come set up like that anyway?

Stevie-P
    Free Member

I’m running 11sp XTR chain and XTR rings with XTR clutch mech but I’ve dropped a chain twice in two separate races now when the going gets really bumpy so I’m not taking any chances. I know I “shouldn’t” need one but I definitely want one.

It’s a custom build but they don’t come with chain devices as far as I’m aware.

spoke2014
    Free Member

Hi,

I am also having this issue, running clutch mech and a narrow wide chain ring. Tried the Oneup direct mount but it was miles off due to the weird front mech mount. I have just found this plate though https://www.bike24.com/1.php?content=8;product=181952;menu=1000,2,99,101, that I think that could be used to mount the Oneup direct mount chainguide http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/oneup-components-low-direct-mount-chain-guide/rp-prod148246. Going to order them both and find out…

Stevie-P
    Free Member

Let me know how you get on. Dropped a chain on lap 2 of Mids XC yesterday and it cost me a place. Gutted.

Northwind

Chains can tell when you’re racing, I’ve lost the chain while riding 3 times on my current setup and 2 of those were in race stages, which probably make up less than a percent of my ride time… Chains are bastards.

I don’t have an answer for you though, is it an E mount front mech? (in principle, if it takes a standard mech then there’s chainguides that’ll fit)

Stevie-P
    Free Member

Tell me about it. I’ve dropped my chain a total of 3 times, all 3 were in races!

Here’s a pic of the front mech mount:

Image linky

guyc575
    Free Member

Hi

I used the absolute black one,designed for oval or round chainrings ,obviously need the trek fixing bracket that goes in the place of the plastic blanking plate which may of come with your bike if not a trek dealer should be able to get you one,it’s the same bracket you would fit if you were fitting a front mech
    Absolute black – OVAL GUIDE™ S3/ E-TYPE – PREMIUM CHAIN-GUIDE

Stevie-P
    Free Member

obviously need the trek fixing bracket that goes in the place of the plastic blanking plate

That could be the missing piece of the puzzle. I tucked that away safely when I built it and totally forgot I had it. I’ll have a look. Thanks.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Which chain guide for Trek Procaliber?’ is closed to new replies.