Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Which cassette lock ring tool with Pro 2 Evo 12mm…
  • cjr61

Evening,

Found that my 12mm thru adapter on my Pro 2 Evo hub fouls the cassette lock ring tool. Running a Sunrace 11T lockring. Is there a deeper lock ring tool to fit over the 12mm adapter and still engage with the lockring teeth?

Thanks

benpinnick

You take the adapter off – do up the cassette and then put the adaptor on again.

cjr61

Thanks Ben. Problem is that the adapter doesn’t fit through the lockring so has to go on first. Funny design I think.

benpinnick

Ahh. Do you have the 135 12mm adaptor by any chance? I know the 142 would fit (I’ve fitted a fair few!) but never a 135.

cjr61

Thanks Ben. I’m using the 142×12 for the Pro evo 2. It’s the black adapter with the silver ridged end.

benpinnick

Someone whos a bit more savvy than me can comment Im sure but… the 142 drive side adaptor for Pro 2 is silver with no ridges. Not seen one with ridges.

cjr61

Thanks Ben. This is for the Pro 2 evo. The NDS adapter for me is silver no ridges…unless I’ve mixed them up?!

benpinnick

Drive side is silver, NDS is black. Also worth noting the 142*12 is called the X12 adaptor (there’s also a ’12mm adaptor’). I cant say I can remember whether theres a different pro2 vs evo version, but they were / are silver for the drive side on the Evo.

cjr61

Bugger…I might have ballsed it up and using wrong adaoter! Anyone got a spare set of Pro 2 Evo X12 adapters?

Thanks Ben

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Which cassette lock ring tool with Pro 2 Evo 12mm…’ is closed to new replies.