Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Which carbon fork for Salsa Vaya?
  • mlke
    Free Member

has anyone found a decent carbon fork for a Vaya? Obviously needs to be discable. I’d like to run full guards and potentially mount a hub powered light. I won’t be using a front carrier.

thomthumb
    Free Member

im planning on going kinesis dc37 on mine

mlke
    Free Member

I’d be really interested in hearing how that works out for you Thomthumb

thomthumb
    Free Member

might not be till christmas. i need to buy new wheels first.

the fat bugger ways over 12kg – and it needs to be less!

SidewaysTim

We sell quite a few of these to Vaya owners.

http://www.sidewayscycles.com/products/index.php?id=1383&clid=30

zbonty

Not sure how weighty mine is but more than the mtb! Not been any quicker than my 26″ Rigid inbred commuter either

Since increasing my fleet to 3 (from mtb + commuter) i’m not really sure what it’s for ( i have’nt done any longer journeys yet, as originally intended)

scotroutes

I’m hoping that fork off the 2015 Pinnacle Arkrose will be available soon. I read that it would be available in straight-steerer too.

mlke
    Free Member

I thought I’d resuscitate this thread to see if anyone has experience of the Kinesis DC37 fork on a Vaya?

Teetosugars
    Free Member

No, but interested in this thread…
    Think I may just go an see Tim.. That Spot fork looks lovely.

mathewshotbolt
    Free Member

Given the geometry of the Salsa, surely the Kinesis fork would be too short in comparison to the standard fork.
    The spot brand fork looks ideal.
    I have a vaya and love it but would also like to lose some heft for my commuting duties.

mlke
    Free Member

Aww dang. I hope the Kinesis isn’t the wrong geometry as the, admittedly lovely looking, Spot is over twice the price

cynic-al
    Free Member

mlke – Member
    I thought I’d resuscitate this thread to see if anyone has experience of the Kinesis DC37 fork on a Vaya?

I ran one on Casseroll (sp), worked great.

It’s got 5mm less rake than the Vaya fork. Are people seriously saying this will compromise handling?

Bullshit!…but then I guess you have to justify that £300 Spot fork…

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Hmm, No Rack mounts on them, so I’ll stick with steel for touring duties then..

scotroutes

Van Nicholas SLX?

http://www.fatbirds.co.uk/1606227/products/van-nicholas-vnt-slx-cx-disc-fork.aspx

Has mudguard mounts, but no carrier mounts

Some Treks come fitted with the Bontrager Satellite PLus carbon fork but it’s apparently not available on its own.

velosam
    Free Member

I have a dc37 on a bike similar to the vaya and its fine and relatively good looking. At the price I would recommend it.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Which carbon fork for Salsa Vaya?’ is closed to new replies.