Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Which carbon 29r hardtail ?
  • reedspeed
    Free Member

I’m thinking of replacing my Crush 650 with a carbon 29r hardtail, i’ve been looking at Cube’s & Canyon’s as they’re both great value, only thing id really like is Pikes, say 140mm as it’ll only be for trail riding winter bike etc , anyone any other ideas or recomendations ??.. Oh and a budget of about £2k ideally, give or take.

z1ppy

Does anyone make a 140mm compatible traily carbon hardtail?
    Assuming you’d found one from Cube/Canyon I had a quick glance, but I’m not seeing anything but 100mm XC style carbon HT’s (which I’d expect).
    Personally I’s suggest like something with a ali frame and more fun/trail geometry and suited to a 120mm forks, so that 140’s won’t completely mess up the geometry.
    The likes of the On One Parkwood or even a Voodoo Bizango (2Soul QH or Stanton Sherpa, if you could live with steel), maybe not top line HT’s, but it’s a winter bike why would you a mega expensive bike for winter mud & crashes. Though you could go for Titus Fireline Ti frame, if you needed to spend more.

Or you reduce the pike to 120mm’s and try them on a 100mm bike?

Gotama
    Free Member

Closest I’ve found on paper is the pivot les which is 68.5 degree headangle with a 120mm fork and fairly short chain stays. Haven’t ridden one though.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    chris7225
    Free Member

I’ve got a Santa Cruz Highball Carbon running 120mm Pike’s, dropper and wide bars and its brilliant. I would suggest a test ride.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

I have a Cube Reaction and it’s great but it’s racey and fairly XC, so may not suit.

RoterStern
    Free Member

Not carbon but the Niner ROS 9 is a supreb long travel 29er trail bike.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Which carbon 29r hardtail ?’ is closed to new replies.