Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • Which cameras, front and rear, for road bikes
  • Bez

it’s just plain heavy, which I notice in bike handling. Does anyone else find this?

I don’t.

TiRed

Heavier than the Strada, but I don’t notice it, and that includes throwing it around the bends at Hillingdon at 30 mph in a (non-BC) race.

It’s all yours – with Gorilla tape mod. Heal fast.

randon
    Free Member

I have a Fly12. It’s pricey but video/image quality is really good.

Mister-P
    Free Member

I’ve been using a Fly12 upfront and a Fly6 on the rear for a few weeks now since an incident with a motorist. No complaints at all and thankfully I haven’t had to use any of the footage.

prawny

That explains why they’ve been pumping them out on sport pursuit this week then.

TiRed

I’m up for a new Fly 6 (left one in France). Apart from the somewhat quirky OS, I’m also happy with my Fly 12 now it mounts to Exposure and not Go Pro. Just forget about the WiFi and Strava overlays.

As for battery life, well obviously being smaller, the new 12 will not last as long. And mine doesn’t last long enough already.

This Tuesday evening club ride on medium long flash I had 3:30
    Last Thursday on full beam I managed only 1:50
    Ride around the M25 lasted about six hours on low flash

I always ride with a back-up light, often a Joystick, but a small LED for basic commuting.

The beam pattern is basically a Mk10 Joystick.

mrblobby
    Free Member

The beam pattern is basically a Mk10 Joystick.

😕

May have asked this before but can you just have it recording with the light off?

Edit… seems to suggest you can… “Bike Camera only = 10 hours”

TiRed

yes that is one of the modes.

I have

camera only
    flash – low
    long flash – medium
    on – high

There are 9 modes with the light on, but it’s a pain to cycle through them all!

mrblobby
    Free Member

I’d just use it as a camera and backup light.

iancity1
    Free Member

And Dc’s take on it… https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2017/11/cycliq-fly6ce-fly12ce-first-look.html
    Got the ‘old’ fly 6 myself after being so let down by Aldi’s version, and hopefully if Santa is good will get either the ‘old’ or the ‘new’ fly12, not sure yet…

mrblobby
    Free Member

Notice PBK are doing the Shimano CM-2000 for 65 quid here. Any good for this sort of thing or is battery life too short? See it says 1.5hrs at 60fps which is a bit short, wondering if better at lower fps?

timba
    Free Member

I’ve got the Aldi rear light camera and it’s good. There’s a firmware update (update link) available and I haven’t experienced the problems that ian^^ did
    A 32GB card gives 57 x 5 min video clips, the battery lasts for around 6 hours (depends on light settings) and it continuously records
    On my 15″ laptop with VLC media player the daylight resolution is very good,
    dark/street lights/30s I can see vehicle make, model and company logos,
    full darkness/main beam headlamps/nsl I can see vehicle make, model and little else
    A better screen and software would surely improve that
    I’ve read that the camera is now down to £20 in some stores

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

I have ordered one, so will let you know.

wilburt
    Free Member

After 40+ years of relatively trouble free road riding I seemed recently to be having more altercations with other road users, actually to the point I was having anxiety issues and considering giving it up.
    A camera seems to give me the small additional sense of security I needed so definitely worth doing in my opinion.

I’m using a relatively old Sony contour which seems to last well over two hours, the pictures good enough (wide angle) and if I need to overlay stats on any footage then the Garmin vibe software does the job and is easy to use.

mrblobby
    Free Member

yourguitarhero, any good?

gray

Fly 12 is on SportPursuit for 180 at the moment, in case that’s of interest.

simondbarnes

gray – Member
    Fly 12 is on SportPursuit for 180 at the moment, in case that’s of interest.

Only £165 where I work but we only have 2 left.

Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘Which cameras, front and rear, for road bikes’ is closed to new replies.