Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Which business (domain based) email client???
  • DrP

A simple one for the hive mind..

I own a few domains, and am after x@drpinhotpants.co.uk or something similar..

Which is the best client to use?
    Gmail is £3.30 per month. I like gmail.

Any others to think of??.

Ta

DrP!

leffeboy

I think you are looking for an email host rather than the client? I use both gmail and office365 for work setups

Google is easy to setup and easy to use for small setups

Office365 has the advantage of giving you the office365 apps for a bit extra per month plus the whole OneDrive thing which is excellent. Downside is it can be more complicated to manage

So google ftw if you only need email and an easy life. Office365 if you need the apps and you are moderately technical

simon_g

I pay £10/year for mail on my .co.uk – could have (smallish) pop3/imap mailboxes hosted but I just forward it all out to gmail. Gmail lets you send as x@yourdomain.co.uk as long as they can use your mail host’s SMTP servers to do it.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    vorlich
    Free Member

Fastmail is good

atlaz
    Free Member

I work for a company that gives you one free mailbox with every domain you have with us (5Gb storage for the mailbox). We use OpenXchange as our mail platform. I won’t mention names here but PM me if that ticks any box.

scrumfled
    Free Member

try one.com (think they’re danish). if that doesnt float your boat, tsihosts gets good reports.

DrP

THanks for the above..
    I think jsut because I like and am used to Gmail, I may go that route 🙂

Ta

DrP

jamesfts
    Free Member

Go with Gmail, it’s cheap and works really well – it’s what I recommend to clients when they ask the same question.

You also get a few extra bits thrown in with the G Suite or whatever they call it these days.

scrumfled
    Free Member

Its worth asking:

how many mailboxes do i get.
    whats the size limits (both per mail and per mailbox store).
    is there a configurable “catch all”, eg what happens to a mail sent to abcd@domain.com

sharkbait
    Free Member

If you’ve already got the domains and have them hosted already then I’d go with Gmail. I’ve configured my [free] gmail account to get and send mail for my business domain – I just select which gmail account I’m sending from when I create a new mail.

Works great and is one of the best changes I’ve made in years as Google filters 99.5% of the spam that heads my way.

DrP

I’ve configured my [free] gmail account to get and send mail for my business domain

How free?

So I own the domain (godaddy), but i thought that if i wanted drp@DrPnakedinjelly.com, rather than Drpnakedinjelly@gmail.com, I’d need to pay (i.e having my domain after the @)
    ??
    No

DrP

wwaswas

We use Rackspace. Not the cheapest but they’ve been reliable for nearly 10 years.

andybanks
    Free Member

GSuite used to be known as Google apps, and used to have a free edition.

You can buy domains with the free edition still running on them, and then change the domain to your own, and have free GSuite for life.

I’ve used these guys a few times without any problem – https://www.gaapps.com/

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Which business (domain based) email client???’ is closed to new replies.