Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Which budget 29er forks….. Rockshox, X-Fusion
  • SIM270

Rockshox Recon Silver TK 120mm with QR dropouts

or

X-Fusion slider RL2 120mm with 15mm dropouts

Anyone got any thoughts? I know prices vary but had anyone tried both or the x-fusion?

Thanks

Tom-B
    Free Member

I hate the recons that are on my Trance Have crc still got them Revs for 300 quid?

frogstomp

Not tried the ones above but was mighty impressed with my Manitou Tower Pro’s after a weekend at Coed Y Brenin..

gibbonarms
    Free Member

I was going to go for the X-fusion but the half price rockshox 2012’s from CRC won me over 🙂

clicky ere

Tom-B
    Free Member

They aren’t 29er though!

IvanDobski
    Free Member

I’ve got some Slides, only had them a couple of rides but first impressions are good. Quality finish, positive feeling adjusters which actually make a difference and they seem to be bedding in nicely.

They’re obviously not as stiff as the Vengeances I was running previously but they definitely feel stiffer than some 26er 32mm/15mm floats I’ve tried recently.

The only minor niggle – and this is more an indication of my utter cackhandedness – is that it’s easy to overtighten the axle when the wheel is removed as there’s no “stopper” as such. Still, you’ll only do it once.

hummerlicious
    Free Member

I quite like the slide 29, I wrote this: fork review if you are interested

sssimon
    Free Member

Blantant hijack but I’ve a set or 29er recons for sale in the classifieds (15mm tapered), couple of mates have them recon on a giant and a specialized and it’s a great fork, bought a set for my own 29er project that has now hit the lack of cash wall.

Only thing they have noted is their seals need lubed more often than revs and rebas they’ve both had before or they get a bit sticky

SIM270

Cheers for the thoughts and info guys, I’ve got a pair of the recon silvers at 120mm and was thinking of getting something a bit more substantial ie bolt through and tapered but guess I’ll have to spend a pretty penny to to see a marked improvement, x-fusions may still be the answer, recons feel a bit ‘noodly’ but will persevere with them for now.

nickdt
    Free Member

Even more blatant hijack. I have some Fox F29 120 mm with bolt through. From a Rumblefish. Not been used for a year, need a service but £100 (you collect) and they’re yours. Have some pretty new wheels for them too.

gee
    Free Member

Nickdt – I’m very keen on those Fox! Where are you and what exactly makes you think they need a service?

GB

belugabob
    Free Member

+1 for the Manitou Tower Pro

sssimon
    Free Member

SIM270- I’d consider a px as I need a better fork for the wife’s trek but the taper won’t work on her frame?

SIM270

Which I’d checked on here before getting trigger happy last night, oh well! Bought a pair of 130mm revelations from crc for £252 BOOM! Thanks for the offers, i would probably have considered the F29 but too late!

Sssimon – I will now be selling the recon forks if interested?

Will also be selling an as new 4 month old on-one scandal 29er 18″ frame in raw with a slack set headset that the forks were fit too. Also the 4month old reverb doesn’t fit the new frame either so that’s got to go too!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Which budget 29er forks….. Rockshox, X-Fusion’ is closed to new replies.