Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Which Brake Pads
  • kraftyone
    Free Member

Morning All,

Need new pads (Shimano M395 Deore), was about to pull the trigger on some superstar components Organic ones (option S2 on the website I think), however after a quick check of the reviews a few people saying they might not be as durable recently. They do seem very reasonably priced though (for a 4 pack)

Anyone have any experience/advice or other recommendations?

medoramas
    Free Member

By looking at your brakes model – what rotors have you got? Have they got “resin (or “organic”) pads only” sticker on them?

honourablegeorge

Wiggle have Galfer pads on sale, they got a good PinkBike review lately.

I buy 4-packs from UberBike, find them excellent.

kraftyone
    Free Member

Thanks guys, ordered a 4 pack from uberbike 🙂

cdoc
    Free Member

+1 for Uberbike pads.
    Never had any issues and they seem far more consistent than my formula originals

fr0sty125
    Free Member

If you are somewhere dry then organic/resin are fine if you are somewhere wet like the UK winter then sintered are better. I have found that even in the dry sintered are more consistent than resin. I have tried a few brands but I will stick with superstars from now on they have been great.

joolsburger
    Free Member

I use superstar Kevlars and have always been perfectly happy with them.

Rockhopper
    Free Member

I had Superstar Kevlar pads in my Mono M4’s. After struggling with them for ages I replaced them with a genuine Hope set which worked perfectly from the off. The Superstar pads were 1mm thicker than the Hope ones which was the cause of all my problems as even with the pistons pushed right the way back I couldn’t stop them dragging.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Which Brake Pads’ is closed to new replies.