• This topic has 13 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by grey.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • which boiler
  • mav12
    Free Member

About to have a conmbi fitted , and cant decide which boiler to go for , either a worceter bosch , or a baxi duo-tec or is worth the extra £100 ir so for a baxi platinium.
    thanks

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

neilnevill
    Free Member

bosch is the standard answer

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    cyclingdiogenes
    Free Member

I have the same problem now but after extensive research I’ve pretty much decided to go for Viessmann Vitodens.

amatuer

My seven year old Worcester-Bosch oil combi boiler has just been scrapped and a new Rhino boiler installed. The plumber tried to repair it before telling me “it’s F***ed and seven years is about as long as a Worcester Bosch combi will last”. He went on to tell me several tales of how bad W-B boilers are, so I’d advise against one.

Frankers
    Free Member

Our Worcester boiler was awful and has cost us hundreds over the years in servicing and repairs.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Viesmann because it’s what I’ve got, it’s been flawless has a full parts and labour 7 year warranty and i got it cheap 😉

somouk
    Free Member

Worcester Bosch for me, gone in to the last few properties we’ve done as well as my own and family and never had an issue.

Make sure they are fitted by an approved installer and maintained by someone who knows what they’re doing and they should be fine.

tjagain

Valient for me – most expensive of the lot but also the most reliable according to my plumber who is also a pal

rmgvtec
    Free Member

Most use the same fans / gas valves and control boards. A lot of it is dependent on how good your installer is such as putting the correct inhibitor in and an in-line air/dirt separator. I personally have a Remeha as i have access to spare parts cheap and would recommend it, been faultless so far in 7 years but it does get serviced properly.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

8 years here on a Viessmann and still going strong

MarkBrewer
    Free Member

I have the same problem now but after extensive research I’ve pretty much decided to go for Viessmann Vitodens

We’ve had one for 2 years now, got a plumber in the family and that’s what he recommended. He said that’s pretty much all the company he works for fits now as they’re one of the best for reliability.

samcuk87
    Free Member

Viessmann. Very over looked but one of the best. Our best seller is the Ideal Vogue but in my own house I’d have a Vitodens 200 although a 100 would be better than either a Baxi or Worcester!

grey

Our WB combi died last week after 11 years use, plumber mate said it had done well. It could have been fixed but would have cost too much and just fail again.
    He recommended the Ideal Vogue c32, so we have that and a full parts and labour warranty for 11 years.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘which boiler’ is closed to new replies.