Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • which bits do you buy 1st? (bike build)
  • organic355
    Free Member

So which bits do you get 1st? the most expensive?

Got frame/forks, need rest, is wheels the next logical purchase, or do you concentrate on drive train?

cant fit the forks without stem and spacers, so maybe that 1st? cant fit the cassette without wheels so maybe wheels next?

Just wondering if anyone had any method, or simply what is available when CRC/Wiggle have their next sale on?

PeaslakeDave
    Free Member

I bought everything when I saw it at a reasonable price. you have to buy it all eventually so if it is a good price, you might as well get it while you can. I bought the fork last because I didn’t find what I wanted at the right price

Northwind

Frame, for me- everything else has to suit the frame after all. Then everything else.

coogan
    Free Member

I either buy it all at once or buy what I can afford at the time and then throw it all together when I have all the parts.

dantsw13

Tbh, you can’t ride a bike without the lot, so it doesn’t really matter!! If you buy bargains as they come up, that’s probably the best bet. Unless you want to ride it yesterday, but that’s going to cost!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘which bits do you buy 1st? (bike build)’ is closed to new replies.