Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Which biking sunglasses?
  • rascal
    Free Member

After a pair that work well in bright sunlight and in and out of shady areas like trees etc and don’t steam up.
    Budget of £50 rules out Oakleys – what’s good folks?

phiiiiil

I’ve got a pair of Bolle ESP safety glasses; £10 from Screwfix. They’re great; I don’t really see the point in spending any more…

mtbel
    Free Member

work well in bright sunlight and in and out of shady areas like trees etc and don’t steam up.

😆 Good luck with that.

duncancallum

so you want shades that work in the dark 😛

that link threw these up http://www.screwfix.com/p/dewalt-infinity-smoke-lens-safety-specs/85299

they look ideal for biking

mactheknife

you want these i think. Specs

Interchangeable lenses are the way ahead. Shades in the trees are just plain weird. yellow for grew dim days. Clear for mud and shades for the sun. Easy peasy 🙂

Garry_Lager

planet x have quite a few cheap glasses in their sale atm.

pitduck
    Free Member

sunwise Waterloo,exactly what you want ,and made in britain 🙂

aracer
    Free Member

Anything with a photoreactive lens which works decently at that pricepoint?

Same requirements as the OP (had been thinking about posting a very similar thread, as current glasses have finally died), but realistic about what is possible – if riding in and out of woods I usually put up with a light tint in the bright sun as it’s a lot better than nothing. I’ve had plenty of sets of glasses with interchangeable lenses, but it would be nice to have something which worked a bit better in varying light.

somafunk

I use the endura cuttle with orange lenses to cheer me up on dull days (I call them my happy drug glasses) and endura piranha with reactive lenses on all other days, they react to changing conditions such as diving in and out of trees etc.

househusband

I have a pair of these and have been very impressed.

Photochromic, btw.

I’ve been pretty impressed with my Tifosi Mast photochromic

pleaderwilliams
    Free Member

I’ve found the Endura Mullet Photochromic to be pretty good in most conditions. Don’t go light enough for night riding, but work for me about 90% of the time.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Which biking sunglasses?’ is closed to new replies.