Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Which bikes or brands are the most trouble free ?
  • richmtb

My Turner 5 Spot has been utterly bullet proof.

Its still on the original bushes, no slop, no play the occasional creak gets addressed using the grease ports

bothybiker
    Free Member

My old 2010 Five was good, all top end parts and nothing needed done apart from consumables. This was a 3.5k bike back then.

My 2015 Genesis croix de fer is an £800 bike and has been equally as good. No suspension or pivots etc, but the cheap parts have lasted very well.

I think it comes to down to abuse / or lack of. If you ride hard and ride it to close to the limit of the bike, and then don’t maintain much, it will break.
    Even a cheap bike will last well with an easy life.

monostereo
    Free Member

How about two of the old guard, Marin and Kona? I’ve had a few kona bikes and never had any real problems. Mrs has a Marin commuter and it’s a decent bike.

hamishthecat
    Free Member

Liteville? Ten year transferable warranty and very well engineered.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

PX. 😉

honourablegeorge

Reliability is a very subjective thing.

In my immediate circle of friends/club I can think of six Trek frames that have broken…so I wouldn’t be rushing to buy one. (I should mention that Trek themselves have in every case dealt well with the warranty, and in most cases replacing with the next model up)

Does that make Trek unreliable, or just that they’re popular amongst my friends (and have a local dealer)? Or just a bad run of luck?

Anhyhow – it’s Yeti. Don’t buy a Yeti.

hamishthecat – Member

Liteville? Ten year transferable warranty and very well engineered.

That’s probably the answer – don’t as peopel what they think of a company’s products, becasue it’s subjective. Ask what the company think of their own products – their length of warranty will tell you.

chakaping
    Free Member

Ask what the company think of their own products – their length of warranty will tell you.

But Mondraker offered lifetime warranties on their frames!

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Which bikes or brands are the most trouble free ?’ is closed to new replies.