Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Which Bike? Racked With Indescision. Your Expert Assistance Appreciated.
  • cyclepathologist
    Free Member

I have a Cyclescheme voucher for £1000. The bike will be used for off road riding to work and home 5 days per week and the usual Wales, Peak etc natural mtb’ing with a bias to long XC. Definitely not hard tail hooligan type riding.
    I’ve narrowed n=my selection dow to the following three but I can’t get past there post to a final decision (and the branding is bothering me a little, which I think is nonsense but it is).
    BMC with the excess buying some Crossride wheels
    Decathlon
    and also [url=https://www.decathlon.co.uk/rockrider-540-womens-mountain-bike-275-white-id_8350455.html]this for my wife[/url] which is a little naughty but she will use if for work and she’s keep to get into cycling.
    whoops. link didn’t work. last one is a £700 Decathlon bike and the women’s bike for my wife.

Yak

Can you demo some? I also wouldn’t bother with crossrides as an upgrade. Awful imo and propriety spokes make repairs a hassle. You could probably get something better for the same at superstar or similar with regular components.

DezB
    Free Member

Liking the BMC. Good spec for the money.

cyclepathologist
    Free Member

The last option was the ladies £350 Decathlon bike for my wife and this Cheaper Decathlon. Any thoughts and opinions on the B’twin bikes? I have a little bit of brand snobbery going on but other than that, I thought they looked great value.
    No chance of upgrading the wheels at Superstar unfortunately as other than a very small cash top up (which is allowed by most retailers) if I go for the £699 and £350 Decathlon bikes, as it’s a Cyclescheme voucher, it needs to be redeemed at the same store.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Which Bike? Racked With Indescision. Your Expert Assistance Appreciated.’ is closed to new replies.