Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Which bike for these forks…………………………
  • thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

2007 Marzocchi RC2’s, 150mm forks, but pretty tall and not light. I’d sove some kashima coated floats, but the bank ballance says no!

Thinking something similalrly industrial and unsubtle like a patriot? It’s replcing a 456 hardtail so more mini downhill than freeride.

xiphon
    Free Member

What else do you have in the stable?

Perhaps add a dh orientated hardtail (single ring/chain device..)

cynic-al
    Free Member

Cross frame

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

They’re not the orange ones are they?

coogan
    Free Member

Stable? Does he live on a farm?

StuE
    Free Member

Like these ?

IMG_3374 by StuE1, on Flickr

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

If its the orange ones then I could find a home for them in exchange for some $$$ towards your floats 😉

stevede
    Free Member

Cotic BFe

Speshpaul

Cotic BFe in orange

chunkypaul
    Free Member

if i had the orange ones i’d like something like this…

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I’d put them on a bmx and then go for a ride round Swinley forest.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

The BMX already have soem lovely oddesey forks which have more than enough travel to cope with Swinely :-p

They’re coming off a hardtail (the 456) so looking to go for a full susser like the patriot. Soemthing low-ish, slack-ish, 6″-ish. On the hardtail the forks felt like they were barley getting started when the rest of the bike was crying out for mercy!

DaveyBoy, I’ve only used them for a week since buying them off the classifides, you can have them if you like, but you’ll have to pry them from my cold dead hands!

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Mmmmmm, orange Bombers. Let me know if you do fancy selling at some point in the future. Been after a decent set for a while!

JonR
    Free Member

Iron horse 6 point 5? Old Kona Stinky? Some sort of Big Hit? Giant Reign? All of these can be picked up on the cheap. I had a reign and it was pretty plush for the money.

PJM1974
    Free Member

Those orange Marzocchis would look great on the front of my orange Wolf Ridge.

So therefore my recommendation for a mini-DH frame is an orange Marin Wolf Ridge / Attack Trail. Great bikes IMHO.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Which bike for these forks…………………………’ is closed to new replies.