Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Which bike for Dalby forest?
  • rollindoughnut
    Free Member

I’m going for a few days holiday near Dalby (staying 8 miles to the south of the visitor centre according to google maps). I’m planning on rising early, and riding over to the forest for a couple of hours training each morning. So seeing as it looks like 5 miles flat roads before hitting the forest should I take:

Road bike (with power meter) and put in some hard training on Dalby Forest Drive and assosiated roads?

Singlespeed cross bike, because I love it and it goes everywhere I want it too without any fuss?

MTB, which would be a bit of a slog on the roads but then I could have more fun on the xc trails?

Not a bad dilemma to have is it?

CHB

I find one with two wheels is always best when it comes to bikes for Dalby. But our of your selection then a single cross bike on red would be entertaining!

Mugboo

MTB, a 16 mile round trip on a single speed to ride a 23 mile trail is too much, surely?

Is there an interesting way of getting to the forest?

I’m no expert but you might be able to join the loop if you take a right on your way up out of Thornton le Dale.

rollindoughnut
    Free Member

I could ride to the forest on the mtb. 8 miles on the road is half an hour, do the World Cup route (4 miles?) twice at full speed in an hour, then return. That’s two hours.
    Realistic or cloud cuckoo land?

chestrockwell

Loads of great natural trail riding round there so I’d be doing that rather than repeated trips to dalby.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Which bike for Dalby forest?’ is closed to new replies.