Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • Which bike do I take to Llandegla – you decide!
  • RustyNissanPrairie

Taking the Mrs and her friends to a spa day xmas pressy in Chester tomorrow so they can all have a glass or ten of wine.

Am going to continue on and go to Llandegla for the day and pick them up on the way back.

Normally I’d take my 140mm Evil Sov when going with riding mates, but seeing as Im going on my own I could take my rigid SS 29er and just bimble around the red route rather than gnarring it up and pin balling through the black route.

So which bike? you decide

leeroybrown
    Free Member

I would still take the full suss, even riding on my own
    It’s a bit like a bmx track in places, great fun

tazzymtb

Smash the black on the 29er..ffs its easily doable at speed on a fixie cx..or just whatever bike makes you happy…as long as it ends in smiles from riding a bike who really cares. 😀

steve_b77
    Free Member

What ever one you like bestest.

binners

I’d say an Evil Sov would be pretty much the perfect bike for Llandegla. It’s a no brainier!

singlespeedstu

Fit a fixed wheel to the ss.
    Might make the ride a bit more interesting that it wouold be on your other bikes.

covbuggy
    Free Member

I would take the SS rig, it would be one you could tick off the list. A few guys from our club rode it on SS a few weeks back and the next day rode the Marin with us on SS – they said it was all do-able and enjoyable. Not sure if I would do it again but was glad to have done in and one to remember.
    Which ever you take, hope you enjoy your day out.

RustyNissanPrairie

2:1 to the 29er so far!

JB
    Free Member

Singlespeed! 2 laps minimum, 3 laps for a real man! 😉

njm

Singlespeed and do the black! The descents will be still be a laugh, and if you have to push up the odd hill who cares, none of them are very long.

RustyNissanPrairie

Ok, SS it is then!

Keep an eye out for me tomoz, blue Cannondale SS 29er. Walking up everything.

binners

Ignore the masochists. Plenty of places and rides where a SS 29er would be the correct choice. Llandegla isn’t one of them. You ‘ll spend the whole time thinking how much more fun you’d be having on the Sov

postierich
    Free Member

rigid SS 2:1 with child in trailer did all of the red had to walk a bit of boardwalk!!She slept most of the way!
    Hope this helps 🙂

DSC00046 by Richard Munro, on Flickr
    Even the other half ss it and she is a GIRL 🙂

DSC00039 by Richard Munro, on Flickr

daveh
    Free Member

Went there recently with a mate. He was going to take his rigid 29er, at the last minute he changed his mind and took his 140mm Sovereign. During the day he said he’d made the right choice.

bikeneil
    Free Member

Lol at all the fixie/singlespeed lot.

singlespeedstu

She slept most of the way!

I’ve felt like that when i’ve had to ride behind you too Rich.

oakesy2001uk
    Free Member

Extra lol at rigid/ss lot. I could ride degla blacks on my Nan’s shopping bike, doesn’t mean I won’t ride it properly on my el guapo!

Take the sov, it’s about perfect for degla!

RustyNissanPrairie

Caned it loadsa times on my Evil but always with mates, have also ridden it on my Cove Sanchez SS with pretty much rigid Argyles.

Gonna take the SS and have a mellow trundle. I’ll save the Evil for next time when I don’t have a car load of snoozing spa’d out / sozzled women

tazzymtb

If you need el guapo to ride it properly you need to learn some skillz sunshine 😆

oakesy2001uk
    Free Member

I suppose that depends on you definition of properly…. Race?

kimbers

I owned it today on my 160mm rig, 650b, natch

JohnClimber
    Free Member

One that won’t blow away on the climb with the forecasted winds that will hit you hard.

singlespeedstu

kimbers – Member

I owned it today on my 160mm rig, 650b, natch

Was the trail still alive after you left?
    😆

tazzymtb

Race? Oooo go on then…..winner sells the loosers bike?

fivespot
    Free Member

Looking at the weather forecast for Llandegla tomorrow, you would be better off with gears. 28 mph in in yur face on the climb 😯 .Oh!, and bring a chain saw to clear the fallen trees 😉

You should have been today. Cold but sunny and no wind 8)

funklenut
    Free Member
    RustyNissanPrairie

^this!

dropped the women off at Chester carried onto Llandegla only to fi d it was closed due to wind/tree falls. Drove over to Betws and the Marin trail, ridden it before many times but never on an aluminium rigid SS.

should have deffo taken the Evil. I blame STW for a finger numbing head rattling waste of a day!

wiggles
    Free Member

Proof that democracy doesn’t work 🙄

binners

Or proof that I’m always right.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Proof you have a #5 deficiency.
    I prescribe

rickt
    Free Member

It says it’s open today

br
    Free Member

should have deffo taken the Evil. I blame STW for a finger numbing head rattling waste of a day!

You can’t blame others for you been a knob.

thegnome
    Free Member

Website says its open with a few bits of northshore down, they’ve been busy clearing ,. Will be up there on monday hopefully. So any reports are welcome.

twistedpencil

All open bar the descent to the snowden view, diversion takes you back to the black descent at snowden view. Fair play to them getting the b-line sorted, though a mates Scott saw it’s last with a snapped frame there… Still the Plough turns out to be a nice pub 🙂

oakesy2001uk
    Free Member

we did try and tell you!

for all the rigid lovers….. I never said it couldn’t be done of course it can! I’m not sure why you’d want to, and neither now is the OP!!

kpt1972
    Free Member

Only ever take my Scandal there, you don’t need anything more in my opinion and I love the look on the “all the gear, all mountain brigade” when you hammer past them in the good stuff on your 29 hard tail.
    I’m local and ride there and back, haven’t been on my Reign there for ages as its too much of a bike for there.

wl
    Free Member

Unless it’s massively changed, a Boris Bike suits Llandegla fine.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

A fun-lovin’ HT that can take a few bad landings. Seriously, there are hardly any bumpy bits to slow down a HT.

weeksy

is this the infamous “i’m better than you, vegan beardie, sackcloth wearing, never broken the law, smacked a child, dumped a girl” type STW heroics in action as usual ?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

is this the infamous “i’m better than you, vegan beardie, sackcloth wearing, never broken the law, smacked a child, dumped a girl” type STW heroics in action as usual ?

Naaaa, Llandegla really is that smooth, there’s one hidden step to catch you out rolling down to the boardwalk section where I was glad for some squish to save me from going OTB, but the rest is pretty smooth.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Which bike do I take to Llandegla – you decide!’ is closed to new replies.