Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Which bike do I take on my trip?
  • ds3000
    Free Member

I'm going over to NYC to visit my wifey for a month (we're in the process of applying for a visa). I'm definitely going to take one bike, however I can't make up my mind which.

Take the SS Inbred – I can go off-road, there are loads of nice trails in and around NY. I can cycle on the roads, albeit slowly.

Take the SS Pompino – I can make a few all-day trips, It'd be loads faster than the Inbred on the roads – however I'd be limited when it comes to dirt.

……I could purchase slicks for the Inbred, or alternatively knobblier tyres for the Pomp.

Any thoughts? I'm going crazy trying to decide.

Rickos
    Free Member

Mountain bike and get yourself out to the Catskills or something.

thomthumb
    Free Member

cx tyres and slicks for the pomp.

imagine this

ken_shields
    Free Member

I'd take a hardtail with gears as an SS will limit your options

ds3000
    Free Member

There are also trails in Queens and Upper Manhattan, I'm 70/30 in favour of the Inbred.

ds3000
    Free Member

thomthumb – mmmm…. not sure they've passed their cycling proficiency test, have they?

ken_sheilds – I see your point, if only my singlespeed setup had more gears.

ds3000
    Free Member

cheeky bump

ken_shields
    Free Member

ds3000 – Member
    ken_sheilds – I see your point, if only my singlespeed setup had more gears.

Glad it wasn't lost on you 😉

Dylan08
    Free Member

shedfull
    Free Member

Take the Inbred, before you go get a US online supplier to ship a rear wheel with Alfine hub and shifters to your wife's place, ride, bring wheel home, sell wheel on eBay for same price as you bought it for over there.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Which bike do I take on my trip?’ is closed to new replies.