Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Which bike – Cannondale or Rose?
  • villa1985
    Free Member

Having had a bad experience with a Canyon CF SLX, looking to buy a replacement and think I have narrowed it down, so would appreciate any favourable comments about which one and why. Choice is down to the Rose X-Lite CRS and the Cannondale Supersix Evo HI MOD (can got 25% discount). Both look amazing, both have Ultegra and both work out a similar price. Plenty of great reviews out there for the Cannondale and looks a no brainer, but can’t find much on the Rose.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Cannondale do make a nice riding frame.

beermonst3r44
    Free Member

I love my dales frame. Feels good and comfortable, excellent ergonomics.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I like my cannondale, my neighbour actually races and has a Rose, so from that I’d deduce that………errrrrr nothing?

One of the roadie rags did a grouptest that included Rose and Canyon roadbikes at about £2k and pretty much came to the conclusion the only thing to separate them was the canyon had the better seatpost (the VCLS one) and the Rose was one tier up the mavic wheel ladder.

I’d get the Rose, there probably isn’t much to separate them so may as well ride something a little different.

DT78
    Free Member

I have a Xeon crs. Very happy with mine, though I’ve only had one proper carbon road bike. Originally had a pro rs, which after 2 years had a warranty issue which was sorted by rose quickly and painlessly. Rose also let you do upgrades on the spec. I went for cosmics which weren’t much and have been super reliable

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Cannondale all day long. It’s the same frame the World Tour guys ride, it’s tried, tested and sorted.

I rented a basic Supersix for a week and other than the cheap wheels was terrific and I’d own one tomorrow if I didn’t already have a pimp carbon bike.

Add to that the hassle of overseas direct seller customer service (see Canyon threads, and even if Rose are better you’ve still got to organise shipping a bike to Germany) and for me it’d be a no brainer.

curto80
    Free Member

The rose x-lite is a top quality carbon frame. Ultimately go with your heart but you don’t need to have any concerns about the xlite not being tried and tested whatever. I am addicted to mine.

imnotverygood

I haven’t ridden the Rose, but I have ridden the Cannondale & I certainly wouldn’t hesitate to buy one.

Valleyboy123
    Free Member

I’ve got a supersix evo red and it’s fantastic got it from Paul’s £1800 reduced from £3,800 I think. It’s quick, climbs really well and is comfortable enough for all day rides. Wouldn’t hesitate to recommend it

Cheers
    Nick

paulneenan76
    Free Member

Rose have a UK rep to help with returns and warranty, also Family run, so whilst the Canon might be a better option to ride, being based in Germany is a crap reason to dismiss the Rose in favour of it.

woody74

+1 for the Cannonade, love both the ones I have had.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Which bike – Cannondale or Rose?’ is closed to new replies.