Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • which bike box or bag for a FS 29er?
  • nikolai99

I’m planning to take my Trek Remedy 29 to Switzerland this autumn, flying with BA via the dreaded LHR. Can anyone recommend a bike bag or box that will safely carry a medium framed carbon bike with big wheels, biggish 2.3 tyres and the usual helmet, shoes etc?
    My tyres are tubeless with sealant so I’d rather not remove/deflate them for travelling!

NZCol

I’ve fitted a L SC Tallboy into an Evoc, let a bit of air out but still well seated. Also done the same in my Serfas hard case but that’s a significant squeeze and query getting wheels in still seated.

jet26
    Free Member

EVOC bike bag works well – taken my solaris and carbon road bike on multiple trips overseas (seperately!). Always worked well.

BA will take bike bag as part of normal luggage too if ok weight wise (I got away with 30kg this time as put all my stuff for a week in there – that might be chancing it though!)

singlespeedstu

Mrs stu’s large Remedy 29er fits in an EVO bag.
    Don’t even have to let the tyres down to get them in the pockets and that’s with 2.5 Minions on.

nikolai99

cheers
    EVOC bag sounds like the one – time for a search of the classifieds… or rent one?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

just to add fit my XC 29r in the evoc, mate gets the XXXXL Cannondale trigger into his which is officially long enough for the idiot from dirt…
    Only issue is you will need to let a little pressure out of the wheels if you have gravity tyres on, though the newer version might be a little bigger.

If you are going to travel a bit it’s worth buying, if not borrow or rent works well. Pessimistically factor in 9kg for the bag.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

I’ve managed my Horsetheif, which is fairly long, in a Wiggle bag and a CRC bag. Was a bit tighter in the CRC one, Wiggle bag had loads of room.

Northwind

Mine fits in my bag, which is pretty standard tbh… Though the wheel bags are 26 only.

Personally knowing what I do now I’d do the sturdy bike box- laminated with a mile of packing tape think. I put a box inside my bag anyway and it’s doing all the hard work.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Personally knowing what I do now I’d do the sturdy bike box- laminated with a mile of packing tape think. I put a box inside my bag anyway and it’s doing all the hard work.

Snap.

And that’s from someone with an Evoc bag, as i’ve said before.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘which bike box or bag for a FS 29er?’ is closed to new replies.