Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Which bike bag for an overnighter if you can't fit a carrier?
  • bikebore
    Free Member

Fellow stw'ers,

Anyone got ideas ref a bike bag that can be used without a rack being fitted? Needs to hold about 10 kilos. Lost the st article detailing the one Chipps had.

Only thing – I only have 3 weeks before my trip so need something that can be turned around in that time, going up Cadair Idris.

Recommendations please!

(Oh, and if you have a recommended route…..?)

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Bike bag that can be used without a rack?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Carradice are the fellas, no?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Just re read it, you mean panniers, not a bike bag (I was thinking bags that hold a bike and how somehow it could attach to a car)

Topeak make a seatpost mounted pannier rack

Or do what I did, pack light. 25l ricksack, sleeping bag into the smallest stuff bag it'll go into, bivy bag and enough flapjack and protein bars to make you feel sick. Not a comfortable existance but preferable (IMO) to a heavy bike.

trail_rat
    Free Member

caradice for sure. I have been super impressed with my camper long flap.

My support bracket needs slight mods to make it super sturdy but its not let me down yet. Done about 500k with it. Completely waterproof too – shocked me

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

Use a dry bag lashed to your bars. 13l should take sleeping bag and bivvy bag, if you need a second one fasten that to your seatpost. Might be back in stock at http://www.alpkit.com

if that doesn't appeal, then as cynic-al says try http://www.carradice.co.uk you'd pretty much get everything in a Super C saddle bag.

Regarding route, there's only one way up Cadair by bike. Start from the south and follow the pony track.

Stuart

bikebore
    Free Member

Wise words gents, thanks. I have dry sacks coming out of my ears, hadn't thought of that. The Carradry also looks good, will have a punt at a combination.

Nice one 😀

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Which bike bag for an overnighter if you can't fit a carrier?’ is closed to new replies.