Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • which bike?!
  • se7en983
    Free Member

Hi guys, I need your opinion, looking on ordering one of the following this weekend, trek fuel 7, remedy 7 or status 1 ??

I love the look of the status, every review says they are great but nobody seems to owns one! I don’t like the look of the treks but i have a funny feeling they both would be better than the status.

any opinions? someone give me some advice before i waste a small fortune!

cheers

wrecker
    Free Member

Is one black? Get the black one for sure.

ratherbeintobago

OK, what kind of riding are you planning to do?

Stevelol
    Free Member

The Status is a completely different kind of bike to the Treks, the Treks are trail bikes that you can pedal around all day and still have fun with downhill, whereas the Status is a harder hitting gravity bike, I wouldn’t want to pedal one of those up any hills.

JCL
    Free Member

Those bikes are so different you may as well throw a kite into the mix.

pickle
    Free Member

i can never understand anyone spending a fortune on a bike on the word of someone else on a forum? go and try them all and make your own mind up.

chilled76
    Free Member

Buy the one that suits what you need it for and fits you. The fitting you is more important than anything.

For instance- I can’t own a Turner 5 spot, I find the medium too small and the large too big. Some manufacturers sizes will fit you spot on, others you may be between sizes.

As has been said they are different bikes for different needs. Decide what you want it fir and at bare minimum go and sit on one in a shop to try it for size before buying.

se7en983
    Free Member

thanks for suggestions an comments, guess I could of been more specific, after thinking about it a bit more i’m really leaning towards the trek remedy.
    I mainly want it for DH and jumping (not extreme jumping) but I’d also like a bike that would be suited to riding anywhere including up hill.
    The remedy being up for all of the above I guess I have my answer.

the shop where i’ll be getting it from has all three at the same price so i will give them all a try at the weekend.

Anybody own any of the mentioned OR have any suggestions to what else i should maybe consider, something in the 2K (max) price range?

se7en983
    Free Member

Just thought I’d mention that I went with the Trek remedy:) It’s amazing!!! so happy with it.

rickon
    Free Member

Well done, I would have suggested the Remedy too 🙂

wadders12345
    Free Member

Be brave and get a cotic soul steal hardtail and build it to your own specification. You would get a very high specd one for 2g. I race them for uk gravity enduro and trust me they are serious fun. I have just come of a five which i used for years and my cotic has put a massive smile on my face!!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘which bike?!’ is closed to new replies.