Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Which bell ?
  • Onzadog
    Free Member

If anyone fancies a Timber! Bell from cyclorise, I have a discount code, which I think works on other stuff as well.
    Not sure when it expires though so get in quick!

Stedlocks
    Free Member

Lion bellworks……

End of thread!

jameso

Rock Bros – imo tinny, quiet, get what you pay for. Edit, actually pretty good for a fiver but the sound isnt much good imo.
    Crane Ene – nice loud old shop doorbell kind of ding. Way better, heard by more from further out. £25 I think.
    Spur, looks great but just too expensive for me.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    flaps
    Free Member

I’ve a Knog Oi! and so far I like it. Very subtle on the bar yet does the job on the trail.

nedrapier

Stedlock, they look ace. Noted. Ta!

allfankledup

Signed up early to the Knog Oi kickstarter project – liked the feedback they provided, the regular updates, smartly presented videos and what appeared to be a lot of thought that went into the project.

Two things that didn’t work
    1. The delivery dates kept on slipping, and slipping, and slipping. Eventually, months later than I had expected, the bells were shipped, first to US, then Germany, then to the UK – by which time I could have bought one from a supplier in Germany for less than I paid Knog X months earlier.
    2. I’ve bought two of the bells – titanium and copper ones – lovely looking, unobtrusive but really too quiet. One is a lot quieter than the other.

I wouldn’t recommend one to anyone who expects a bell to be heard – and won’t use Knog again – the delays and the issue where they shipped to internet suppliers instead of to kickstarter backers first hacked me off. These internet suppliers were selling the same bell for cheaper than Knog – no way would i back Knog again for one of their products. YMMV

Comments from kickstarter Here

jeff1155

Another Timber! user here – got one on the Brompton and one on the fattie – a million times easier than a standard bell, especially down the inside of a line of traffic on a City cycle lane – I just leave it on!

Nice and loud, but you can switch it on early when approaching walkers and then off as soon as they’ve clocked you.

Still a bit dingy – I’d prefer a deeper goat-bell sound, and expensive for a bell, but it certainly works!

LittleNose
    Free Member

I bought the Rock Bro’s bell, but it gave up on me after a couple of months, so I asked for the SpurCycles one as a birthday present – it’s been brilliant.

Do fancy trying a Timber bell too, but with a lifetime guarantee on the Spurcycle’s one, not sure I’ll need another

RustySpanner

Free with bike, or blagged as above, Shirley Louise?

Although I did get one of these as a present recently:

Tartage.
    🙂

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

Lion Bellworks, thank you Stedlocks. I think that’s the one I’d seen, and didn’t know who made it.

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

… but think i’ll try a Timber, looks handy that

bobgarrod
    Free Member

i found that the crane bells are pretty good. the larger versions have a lovely sound and long reverberation japanese quality https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00KFCYUYK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Which bell ?’ is closed to new replies.