Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Which Bash Guard
  • soobalias
    Free Member

Anyone got a good recommendation for a light, thin, cheap, ally bash guard.
    104bcd

its replacing a thoroughly smashed shimano plastic jobby – will i also need need new chain ring bolts?

whisky711
    Free Member
    legend
    Free Member

Have you got ISCG tabs? I’d mount one there if you can, the protection is just as good but you can’t pack mud into it like a crank mounted one (as happened to me last weekend before causing odd chain dropping issues )

whisky711
    Free Member

Light, strong, cheap…….pick two. 😀

househusband

I’ve had a few BBG bash rings in different sizes over the years and they’ve served me well; quite possibly the closest you’ll get to strong, light – and cheap.

http://shop.bbgbashguard.com/products

In fact I’ve got a used black 104bcd 36t ring you can have for a fiver.

soobalias
    Free Member

in that case, light and cheap

legend – how does a bash guard mount to ISCG? Not that i can remember if the frame does or not…..

philstone

If you have ISCG mounts then 77designz to a crash plate – I’ve just installed one and it looks well up to the job whilst being discrete.. http://77designz.com/product/crash-plate-34t

soobalias
    Free Member

its ok, CRC explained it to me 🙂

jambalaya
    Free Member

I have a blackspire chain device/bash guard mounted on my bikes instead of the big ring – have to say I am not sure you’d think it was light or indeed cheap – depends on your budget and perceptions

chiefgrooveguru

I’ve got a Superstar one on my Spitfire. There is a mud issue when it’s particularly sticky but as Keith @ Banshee pointed out, a bash ring is less likely to hang up when it hits than a taco because the ring can rotate, and a ring mounted on the cranks is easier on the frame than a taco on the ISCG tabs. Ring also helps keep the chain on.

qwerty
    Free Member

Shimano Saint CD50?

soobalias
    Free Member

the superstar composite one is cheap (£15)

soobalias
    Free Member

^sorry did i say cheap, i might have meant disposable.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Which Bash Guard’ is closed to new replies.