Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 142 total)
  • which bands/artists/singers make you change the channel/leave the room?
  • DezB
    Free Member

Zane Lowe

I try to listen to his show, he plays some decent music. But I can’t – what a…

Are you my wife?
    If that’s what you want 🙂

DezB
    Free Member

How could I forget – Elton John & Leo Sayer.

How do people listen their voices? Beyond me.

samuri
    Free Member

Leonard Cohen.

Now I appreciate it’s probably because I’m a big dumb bloke with no soul or something but I’ve never heard so much crap in all my life. And poetry aside, he is a terrible singer. Other people sing his songs much, much better.

It doesn’t help that my wife would almost certainly leave me for him if he asked. I know of plenty of other middle aged women who view him similarly. I just don’t get it. Bad singer, very miserable, music to kill yourself to, mediocre poet… no idea.

beefheart
    Free Member

I consider myself a fairly tolerant sort, but when Adele starts her warbling it fills me with a murderous rage.

johndoh
    Free Member

MUSE

senorj

sparkly toothed sh*tweasel

lol @joey deacon

Meatloaf is on my list too.

joeydeacon
    Free Member

Muse used to be good, been downhill since Origin of Symmetry though.. now they’re just an embarrassingly poor Queen tribute act.

nickc

ACDC I can generally bear an intro, then Brian Johnson starts “singing”. The interval between him starting and me getting to the off switch is too fast for instruments to measure.

kilo

Beatles Lennon, Mccartney – radio off material. The Doors – utter toss

chorlton
    Free Member

Agree about Adele. Shouty cows voice goes through me. 👿

Ro5ey
    Free Member

“ACDC I can generally bear an intro, then Brian Johnson starts “singing”. The interval between him starting and me getting to the off switch is too fast for instruments to measure.”

Burn him … 😈

organic355
    Free Member

Florence and the Machine…

it’s like an annoying posh girl at a party shouting ‘I’m really crazy and interesting’ at the top of her voice and out of tune.

…..and she ruined that Candi Statton Track.

RustySpanner

Oasis.

And Kilo, you’re first against the wall when the revolution comes.

nickc

Burn him …

🙁

As long as I don’t have to listen to bilge metal while you do.

Cougar

I never ‘got’ AC/DC. They’re ok and all, but I really don’t understand why they’re as well regarded in rawk circles as they are. Bunch of self-important Donington ruiners.

Lifer
    Free Member

With Bon Scott they were great, he had a proper swagger to his vocals.

Plus they had the classic ‘died before his time’ but combined it with the ‘tribute singer raised from obscurity’ mix with iconography and uniforms and you’ve got a nice safe dangerous hard rock band.

Don’t dislike them with Johnson FWIW, just a bit vanilla.

willard

To be honest, you can’t beat a bit of AC/DC when sitting in the back of a Wokka scooting across the desert. Maybe a bit of RATM or Rollins as well.

nickc

Me neither Cougar, never owned any ACDC, couldn’t name a track, can’t stand the singers voice, don’t get the school boy thing, they seem like the “Clarkson” of bands*

* by that I mean music for MOR middle aged, dance like your dad, ironed be-jeaned white males.

weare138
    Free Member

Elton bloody John
    Bon blinkin Jovi
    any of the boyband sh*tbirds onth telly
    Gangnam bloomin Style

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

Florence and the Machine, again.

semi-operatic warbling. It just sounds awful

Bruce

Queen I absolutely hate Queen, and Meathead ARRRGGGGGHHHHH

derek_starship
    Free Member

Nicki Minaj.

Like a trout connected to a compressor.

LoCo
    Free Member

In terms of adverts

Andrex, ‘scrunch or fold’ you can tell who scrunches and they smell of poo as they’re not wiping their blooming bum properly and that flipping wet wipes for the toilet 👿 agh!

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Florence and the Machine…

+100000000

winston_dog
    Free Member

Queen. Absolutely dreadful. Surely the worst band ever to be considered a bunch of musical geniuses by a significant minority?

ransos
    Free Member

Pink Floyd. Turgid, interminably self-indulgent drudgery.

federalski
    Free Member

Robbie Williams – I can just picture his far away look, haunted man of mystery pose he uses all the time to no effect, he looks more like he has filled his trousers with porridge…

Muse – Since it was pointed out to me you can hear him breathing in between lines it annoys me no end.

N-Dubz – Get a mental image of Dappy – induces vomit.

Stone Roses – It was 20 years ago! they were crap then and worse now.

Hobster
    Free Member

Vampire Weekend, Snow Patrol and another +10000000 for Florence and the Machine.

Have to add the XX to that list now purely down to the sweaty forehead.

CountZero

Just turn on Radio 1.
    Oh, and Manic Street Preachers.

joeydeacon
    Free Member

Each to their own and all that, but don’t really understand the hatred for Queen.. totally appreciate certain songs have been over played, but they have a pretty extensive and diverse back catalogue, as well as arguably the greatest front man ever?

Totally agree that since Freddie died they should have quit, and Brian May should stop saying yes to people (Buckingham Palace etc) – but overall you don’t get many musicians criticising Queen for their musical output?

racefaceec90

just some to list that i cannot stand.
    adele (shouty pompous full of it ear violator)

emilie sande (a year ago no one had ever heard of her,now you cannot get away from her)

robbie williams (a great big c*ck)

justin beeper (aaargh 😡

bon jovdge (a load of old rubbish)

eric clapton (slow hand/slow w*nk more like)

beatles (just never done anything for me)

oasis (best band in the world my a&se)

MrsToast
    Free Member

I consider myself a fairly tolerant sort, but when Adele starts her warbling it fills me with a murderous rage

Adele is ace, she’s brought Reeves & Mortimer club style singing to the masses!

LET THE SKY FO!
    EE WILL CRUM BO!
    WEE WILL STAN TOW!

As for me, Oasis, Blur, Deftones and Coldplay all make me a bit sick in my mouth.

neninja
    Free Member

Robbie Williams
    Michael Bubble
    Beiber

All make my skin crawl

cheese@4p

In the 1980s the following BBC DJs were obsolete and knackers yard material:
    Tony Blackburn, Bob Harris, That other one, Terry Wogan and yet, AND YET…….
    They are all on R2 in 2013. What next, Simon Bates with Our Tune?
    BBC, take then round the back and put them out of their (and our) misery FFS!

er and Stereophonics

konaboy2275
    Free Member

Three pages and no one has mentioned Olly Murs?

DezB
    Free Member

no one has mentioned Olly Murs?
    Who?

arguably the greatest front man ever

Yes, I’d certain argue against that point

MrSalmon
    Free Member

Somebody did mention Gok Wan earlier, so I’m off: How it is that somebody who dresses as badly as him/her (i’m never quite sure) is considered to be some sort of authority on style is a total mystery to me.

DezB
    Free Member

I personally believe there is plenty of subject matter to keep this to a music thread…

zippykona

Too many to mention but a team of vindictive scientists have taken the very worst of Maroon 5 put it in a big computer and have puked up Train. You can just imagine them guesting in every white toothed American teen series.
    Hate them with a passion.

rossi46
    Free Member

Any band/artist who wouldn’t have a record deal/following if it wasn’t for their haircuts.
    Anything bland / songs that sound like someone’s spent 5 minutes on the lyrics.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 142 total)

The topic ‘which bands/artists/singers make you change the channel/leave the room?’ is closed to new replies.