Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 142 total)
  • which bands/artists/singers make you change the channel/leave the room?
  • senorj

Today I had the triple whammy –
    Maroon Five ,
    changed channel to Boyzone and again ,boom ,straight on to bloody Westlife.
    WTF.

I need 6 music in the car – (I’m too old now for radio 1) 😥 😀

stavromuller
    Free Member

Petula Clark, (spits) the first bar of the intro to any of her drones has me reaching for my biggest mallet. Shooting would be too good for her.

binners

Mumford and Sons can make me smash things, or risk serious personal injury in my haste to make it stop, at any cost.

freddyg
    Free Member

most “R’n’B” (and I don’t mean Rhythm and Blues)
    most boy-bands
    bloody gangam style!!!

Harry_the_Spider

I’ve turned into such a grumpy old sod that I can’t abide any music on the radio whilst in the car. I listen to 5LIVE, but turn it off at any mention of Catholics, John Terry or horse meat.

Then I sit in seething silence.

DezB
    Free Member

Robbie Williams every time.

My mate still ribs me about the time we were in HMV and I walked out because they put Robbie Williams on. This was at least 15 years ago.
    And Robbie’s music has got WORSE.

There are loads of others, but he’s a stand out.

WackoAK
    Free Member

I’ve turned into such a grumpy old sod that I can’t abide any music on the radio whilst in the car. I listen to 5LIVE, but turn it off at any mention of Catholics, John Terry or horse meat.

Then I sit in seething silence.

Oh dear god, that’s exactly what I do 😯

clubber
    Free Member

Morrisey

The kind of generic thrash metal they seem to put on bike videos

DezB
    Free Member

Petula Clark

Where the hell do they still play Petula Clark songs??

tiggs121
    Free Member

David Bowie – well the new stuff!

Micheal Jackson

Coldplay

as for radio – Alan Carr…wtf is he all about? Giggling with some equally irritating woman just isn’t a well used license fee!

redted
    Free Member

Professor Green, sounds like he should be either an auctioneer or a horse race commentator.

DezB
    Free Member

Another one:

RUSH! Loads of fans on here, but I find their twiddly wee guitar wankery and lispy high pitched vocals the most puke-inducing load of tosh ever.

willard

The theme from The Archers for one.

Other than that, I’m no big fan of the harpsichord or frivolous chamber music, but most other things I’ll listen to.

binners

I can’t listen to The XX either. Its bloody awful wishy-washy bed-wetters music anyway.

But I read an interview with Call-me-Dave where he said that him and SamCam used to like listening to it when they went for ‘cuddles in the afternoon’. BLEURRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Too much bloody information Dave!!!! FFS!!! Now every time it comes on I just have this nightmare vision violate my thoughts. The bastard!!! I’ve made myself feel quite ill again just typing that! 😥

willard

Apart from Justin Bieber. Get that shit right off the airwaves.

Oh, and generally most boy bands. And girl bands. And a lot of modern marketing produced music. And that X-Factor rubbish.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Queen
    Morrisey/Smiths
    Abba

DezB
    Free Member

Oh thanks binners! Ruin it for everybody else. Bastard!

stavromuller
    Free Member

Petula Clark (spits again!) regularly gets played on Radio 2 and the odd advert

meehaja
    Free Member

2nd archers theme tune!

Pink does it for me, same old dreary tat with power rock chorus, just makes me imagine a room full of angry divorced women in their mid to late thirties with bleached blonde hair with a coloured fringe and bright orange faces.

wait4me

Queen. Eminem (thankfully not much of a problem these days). Any X Factor participant.

stavromuller
    Free Member

Looks like you’ve tapped into a forum gold mine here senor j

Klunk
    Free Member

another vote for the wankery that is mumford & sons, the hooray hicks get turned straight off.

senorj

HA.I’ve just added the XX to my list .
    Trying to mind wash callme dave out of my thoughts.

Lifer
    Free Member

Klunk – Member
    another vote for the wankery that is mumford & sons, the hooray hicks get turned straight off.

Ah, the posh wurzels.

DezB
    Free Member

This seems to be the thread for this – anyone heard Michael Ball’s “The Perfect Song”… that really is unbelievably bad.
    A song all about writing a song. That really gets my back up that does.
    (it’s so hard not to SWEAR on this thread!!!)

freddyg
    Free Member

I used to like The XX 🙁 Not any more. Thanks Binners. 😉

binners

Sorry folks

Ro5ey
    Free Member

On the radio … ads… would rather listen to any of the acts above rather than ads… especially ALL the nanny-state ads… (it’s something like 30% radio ads are nanny state)

TV… Gok Wanger, Jimmy “I like to take a spade to his smug stupid round face” Carr, Embarrassing Bodies, ITV full stop (except the odd Thursday night when the Spurs are on… hopefully Tuesdays or Wednesday next year) and John Craven who spoils Country File…. wished they’d put him out to grass

(Edit… Not sure you asked for TV, but was on a role so put it in… and I feel better now, thanks)

LoCo
    Free Member

Nothing is that bad, The Script and similar do get me a bit miffed though. 👿

Dobbo

Hot ******* Chip

fuzzhead
    Free Member

Coldplay. End of thread 😉

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

Its usually the michael bubbly , jamie callous middle of the road liftmusicjazz that gets me reaching for the sickbucket , that and keane, music to boil cabbage to in a bedsit

failedengineer

Queen, U2, phil Collins and ….. whisper it…… Tina Turner!!! She makes my skin crawl.

Cougar

Not quite what you asked, but the shouty DJs favoured by Radio 1 have me reaching for the channel buttons, in the unlikely event that I’ve had the misfortune to hit the station in the first place. Zane Lowe, the Pound Shop Tim Westwood, for one. Actually, two, that self proclaimed ‘big dog’ has a face I’d never tire of slapping either.

joeydeacon
    Free Member

U2
    Coldplay
    Mumford
    Maroon 5
    Any band/artist who wouldn’t have a record deal/following if it wasn’t for their haircuts.
    Anything bland / songs that sound like someone’s spent 5 minutes on the lyrics.

timraven

U2, Mumford & sons, Morrisey, Rush, Robbie Williams, Manic street preachers the list is long and varied.

How in the hell did these freaks get so ****ing famous?

Now I’ve had to add the XX too!

bentandbroken

DezB – Member[b]

Another one:

RUSH! Loads of fans on here, but I find their twiddly wee guitar wankery and lispy high pitched vocals the most puke-inducing load of tosh ever.

Are you my wife?

senorj

crikey – I had forgotten about Keane (& Jamie Cullum) ,they used to make me feel violent.

joeydeacon
    Free Member

In terms of adverts, this one is pretty bad.

Annoying sparkly toothed sh*tweasel. Check.
    Evil corporation. Check.
    Excruciatingly bad. Check.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xxm2nfAhpcI[/video]

timbur
    Free Member

Bob Dylan.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 142 total)

The topic ‘which bands/artists/singers make you change the channel/leave the room?’ is closed to new replies.