Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Which baggies for my girlfriend…
  • dogthomson

I want to get my girlfriend some women’s specific riding shorts for her birthday but have no idea which ones are any good! Anyone got any recommendations? Baggies only please – as much as I’d like her in lycra! 😉

clubber
    Free Member

My wife loves her Endura ones – “they look like proper shorts” as she says.

uplink
    Free Member
    spooky_b329

Lycra shorts with baggy on top. More comfy than the liners that come in baggys, plus gives her the option of lycra only if she wants.

juan
    Free Member

I have a sit an spin (in pink) from under the weather
    Higly regarded

richc
    Free Member

My Girlfriend really likes her Sombrio ones.

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

see the ecliptic hammer thread down there: get ‘er some of those 😉

matt_outandabout

My wife does Nike lycras with baggy shorts or 3/4’s over the top.

tinsy
    Free Member

I got some Kona ones I dont use anymore, what does your girlfriend look like though?

Tracey

Got a few pairs of Sombrio ones

Tracey

glenh
    Free Member

Why would you want your gf in baggies? Get her some real tight lycra.

millsonwheels
    Free Member

I would also agree with Sombrio shorts. I have La Nina which are 3/4 length and Lotus which are just above the knee. Both fit really well.

richc
    Free Member

My GF always used to just wear lycra however she felt a bit daft in the pub post ride. So she tried some Sombrio ones and is a total convert.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

despite me telling her how comfy and well-fitting sombrio stuff always seems to be, my ex refuses to buy any for purely aesthetic reasons. she wears endura humvee 3/4s or altura synchro 3/4s exclusively.

jacksta
    Free Member

My favourites are Endura Singletracks

All the womens specific baggies I have tried on are all too short, they stop half way down your thigh or a couple of inches above your knee, I prefer mine to come right down to my knees (but not 3/4s).

Tracey

Mine are like these, got them in a half price sale

Tracey

richc
    Free Member

My SO is 6′ and wears 35″->36″ inside leg and the Sombrio Lotus FR ones (which wiggle were selling off cheap) ones sit on her knee.

ebygomm
    Free Member

endura humvees

do they do a women’s version of these?

juan
    Free Member

I loved the pink one tracey, but I couldn’t get my hand on the correct size 🙁

domino

Yes, they do Humvees as a womens version but they were ill fitting (for me anyway) so I got the Endura Singletrack shorts. Like them so much I might get a second pair before my hols.

ebygomm
    Free Member

I’ve never seen the women’s humvees, might have to hunt some out. Singletrack ones don’t fit me, thighs too big relative to waist 🙁

cinnamon_girl

Some of the Sombrio ones are good – I have a lovely pair in purple that folk normally comment on! But some of them I find too bulky, also their sizes are hit and miss.

Ground Effect are good, as are Sugoi. Have just got some IXS 3/4 length which are very comfy in a slightly stretchy fabric.

stevomcd
    Free Member

My mrs loves the Harlot stuff from Minx. 3/4 length with very light padding for minimal does-my-bum-look-big-in-this factor.

watly_biker
    Free Member

Sombrios with dhb shorts underneath, or terry tights or for 3/4 length I’ve got Endura Singletrack.
    For winter/windproof/semi waterproof I’ve got Loeka downhill capris from Chain reaction – they are big and baggy but very comfortable.
    Best bet is minx if you want to spend a lot or wiggle for cheap sombrios.

TheSanityAssassin

Baggies?

She’s into football as well then?

*boing boing*

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

here goes .. I have had a nightmare getting baggies to fit and I would think i’m a normalish size!! I am 5ft 4 1/2 30″ waist and 40″ hips, I have 2 old old old pairs of Oakleys and Fox shorts which are both are large. I have tried to get some more however they are silly sizes.

This week I bought some Endura Humvees from wiggle for £40 and got a large as that’s allegedly what size 30″ waist is, the lycra liners fitted well the baggies had enough space to fit 2 small children in!!!

I then e-mailed Minx Girl asking what she recommends (since I have chunky (or sporty!!) thighs). She sent me a very very long e-mail with lots of recommendations and I have just ordered some Harlot stuff. She also suggested the Terry Liner for under baggies, she said the pad is the same as in their normal shorts but the material in the shorts is mesh so cooler when under baggies, they do look good and I’ve ordered a pair of those as well.

If you e-mail Minx girl you’re girlf’s height and size she will suggest something that looks good.

I found the Sombrio and Loeka stuff made me look like an oompa lumpa!!! Hope this hasn’t put you off but basically what I’m saying is there is loads of options out there for women it’s just finding something that fits your missus. Look at the usual sites
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com
    http://www.wiggle.com
    http://www.stif.com
    http://www.minx-girl.com

Baggy buying for women I think is a nightmare! Good luck though and let us know what you get that fits her, if I haven’t tried them I can always buy a pair!!

cinnamon_girl

Totally understand what you’re saying Munge-chick!

My experience FWIW my Sombrio purple baggies have a side zip fastening which makes them slightly more flattering as there is no bulky zip to stick out. Can’t remember the name but they are patterned and they come in various colours.

The Loeka ones are really nice but with pockets on the rear make my huge ar$e look even bigger than normal.

So this week I have taken delivery of a pair of IXS Nueva 3/4 (from CRC, price reduced) and I must say that I have found them to be quite flattering. I cut out the stitched-in liner (too bulky) and wore them today. They were most unobtrusive, slightly stretchy lightweight fabric and really didn’t know I was wearing them. The cut on the thighs was flattering – no huge amounts of fabric flapping around. No pockets on the back – more flattering. I’m a size 10/12 – the medium was too big so changed them for a small.

Definitely agree about Minx – Debbie is really helpful.

cinnamon_girl
    cinnamon_girl

Can’t believe I’m the first – jeez this place has changed.

Oh well……….

You best be posting a pic of her arse, just so as we can judge what would suit her best.

juan
    Free Member

auntie CG do you think the sze M or the fire one from always riding will fit me?
    I just love the price 😉

cinnamon_girl

Bonjour Juan! Are you still the same size? Just checked mine and they are a medium (womanly hips!). In fact, especially for you, I have just measured the waist – 82 cm. But with Sombrio the waist and hip size are virtually the same!

How long are you going to be in the U.K. for? You’re very welcome to try them and I will happily show you around Swinley Forest. Just let me know!

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Cool I shall take a look, I like the look of the Sombrio ones!!
    Currently waiting for my Minx girl order!!!!!

juan
    Free Member

bonjour elaine 😉
    Arriving in the kingdom today around 16h00 and living sunday eve. I will be staying in soton and I am coming naked, no bike clothes, no bike shoes and no bike helmet so no ride for little juan.
    Not sure what the difference between hips and waist size is. My jeans are 29 around the hips/waist/belly so around 74 cm

dogthomson

Blimey, thanks for all the replies folks!

I ended up getting here these…

Sombrio Lotus in Mocha, she doesn’t like riding with a pad so I thought these would be a good shout. The quality seems great on them too.

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘Which baggies for my girlfriend…’ is closed to new replies.