Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Which Back Pack You Got ?
  • troy123
    Free Member

Am after a back pack with hydration.

Want a back pack with around 15L space and 1.5L> bladder.

It’d be for an all day ride so i can pack all bike spares, water, money/phone, jacket and some food etc.

CamelBaks are nice but expensive. I have a budget of £25-30 either new or used. Ideally looking for an CamelBak Mule alternative.

Which back pack do you have ???

cynic-al
    Free Member

Ergon.

passtherizla
    Free Member

I have a bladder and am waiting on a Alpkit Gourdon £20 20L, you would have to buy a cheap hydro pack from somewhere though.

almightydutch
    Free Member

I have a Mule, picked up for £25 quid out of the classifieds.

Even came with new 3ltr bladder….you just gotta be quick sometimes

fasthaggis

Today I am mostly wearing one of these..

Exped 25
    It would not take a knock,as it’s a bit delicate,but weighs nowt and keeps stuff dry.
    If there are going to be falling off moments ,I have a CB Mule 🙂

unovolo
    Free Member

Camelbak Lobo

£29.99 from Decathlon at the mo including the antidote bladder,tons of them still in the Stockport branch the other day.

fatgit
    Free Member

Hi
    Sorry to hijack but I have a used but good condition camelback mayhem and an unused 3l bladder that you could have for £30 posted.
    Was just about to advertise it.
    Email in profile
    Cheers
    Steve

martymac

i have an older mule, its hard to imagine anything better for me.
    apart from the fact that the little phone pocket isnt waterproof!!!
    ffs.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Wingnut…

Gonna see what all the fuss is about..

Normally use an Osprey Tallon.

grum
    Free Member

There’s Dakine bags on offer at Sport Pursuit at the moment. I’m very happy with my Nomad but they don’t seem to have those.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I’ve got a wingnut. The design is great but I’m on my second one and still disapointed with build quality. I’d love camelbak to rip it off.

DickBarton

North Face Hammerhead which has now been retired as I’m mainly using a Lezyne Great Divide – way too big for my usual rides but having plenty space is handy if I need to strip off extra layers and carry them.

doom_mountain

I’ve had a Camelbak Mule for about four years now, great solid piece of kit.
    Recently got an Inov-8 Race Pac, which is super light but already has holes in..!
    If you’re limited in budget a secondhand Mule is the way to go.

sonofapitch
    Free Member

Mule NV best pack by a mile IMO of course.

redthunder
    Free Member

Lidl … Proper Job 🙂 £9

Lidl Backpack by SGMTB, on Flickr

PS: I wish they did that digi camo one again they had a few years back:-(

fatsimonmk2
    Free Member

north face hammerhead in camo had it about 4years now brill pack don’t know if you can still get it

philfive
    Free Member

Osprey escapist and then just put a bladder in it.

PJM1974
    Free Member

I’ve got a Camelbak Capo, which replaced my eight year old Mule – there are offers on Merlin occasionally which are well worth seeking out.

It’s pretty good, the compartment is flexible enough to swallow a helmet (fnar!) in addition to 3 litres of water (the new bladder is noticably easier to undo and is baffled too). I manage to lose stuff in it, which I’ve never done with a Mule.

Oh and I’ve never suffered from sweaty back with it…

snowpaul
    Free Member

Hi there,

I have a 15 year old day pack from the MEC in canada still going strong, a retro karrimor EPIC 25l bag of the same age which is frankly amazing / a Osprey talon 22 / 33 and a raptor 14, a camelbak mayhem – all get used but mostly its the talon 22 as thats my fast big day out pack or the 33 for multi dayers in conjunction with bike bags….

I use bottles for water thou to keep the weight off my back

paul

matt_outandabout

Karrimor from sale (15l+3l bladder) and an old old Vaude 20L. the Vaude is super.

labsey
    Free Member

High Sierra daypack. 2.0 bladder. Fine for carrying spares, keys, wallets and snacks. Can find them pretty cheap on eBay.

philwarren11
    Free Member

Dakine drafter for me, if you want bigger id reccomend the Nomad.

Awesome bag tho, awesome bladders and fittings. Plenty of pockets for stuff and waterproof.

I went for Dakine as i have a snowboarding bag which ive used for 20 years and its still perfect so they must be doing something right.

thepurist

Got a a Vaude something or other (around 7L) for litte rides and a big ole Deuter Cross Air Exp for long days with spare layers and all that. Both are far far far far far better than my Mule was – though I kept the bladder when I sold it.

andytherocketeer

Lobo with a 3l bladder for short/training type rides. More than enough for water (usually half fill), waterproof, banana and a few tools.

Mule NV with a 3l bladder for longer days out, but with the backpack “shaping” thing removed. Nice backpack, with zillions of compartments, but not the most efficient use of the volume.

tempted to try something a bit more real volume than the Mule next time.

creamegg
    Free Member

Camelbak mule for the last 3 years. Just the right size, comfy and will happily buy another when the time comes

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Which Back Pack You Got ?’ is closed to new replies.