Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Which baby trailer?
  • singlespeeddan
    Free Member

So, since the arrival of singlespeedbaby I have been mulling over the choices of baby trailer.
    Have been looking at a giant peapod. One of the criteria is that it folds flat ish as storage is an issue. So does anyone have recommendations for a child trailer?
    Budget is max £300 preferably less.

kuman
    Free Member

Congrats ! I’m in the same position and currently looking for one.

Bumper explorer solo looks worth considering.

joemarshall
    Free Member

We have a croozer.it is brilliant and done well over a thousand miles with no problems, including camping trips, big supermarket and shopping trips, trips to the woods, picnics, and still runs perfectly smooth. Keeps the weather out really well, and is lovely and warm and comfy inside.

Spud

Seeing as I have obviously transgressed the rules or upset someone, Burley are a very good trailer and would do you proud. Not had an issue with ours. Friends have a Croozer which is also very good. Have a search and work out what you need.

tobin
    Free Member

We have a Chariot Cougar 2 which is perfect. It is quite light, and has good suspension that you can adjust to the bub’s weight; This is important to me as little heads on weak necks can get jiggled around a fair bit even over small bumps. No negatives as yet, and solved some serious cabin fever issues!

Should get a decent second hand one for around the budget… I did.

singlespeeddan
    Free Member

I seem to have started two threads by mistake.

stevewhyte
    Free Member

Trek go bug, and I just so happens I have one for sale and significantly less than you need to spend. Great trailer, did my too girls very wel.

natrix
    Free Member

Halfrauds own brand, folds flat really easily and well within £300 budget.

adi66
    Free Member

I had a “Trek Go-Bug” for my 2 lil’ boys, its was AWESOME, really light alu’ construction, looked mega cool, and towed like a dream, on all surfaces, at all speeds.

Really missed having to sell it cos the kids where too big.

go-bug

adi66
    Free Member

I had a “Trek Go-Bug” for my 2 lil’ boys, its was AWESOME, really light alu’ construction, looked mega cool, and towed like a dream, on all surfaces, at all speeds.

go-bug

GaryLake
    Free Member

Really can’t fault the Burly Bee with baby snug, snug was cast aside from 18 months on… boy was in it from about 9 months (compromise with wife over 6 mths vs 1 year).

Scamper
    Free Member

Looked into this a year ago, and decided on a Burley Solo which is £500 new – bought one in good condition off ebay for £80. Folds flat once the wheels are off.

A few things to think about which may apply to whichever model you decide on – firstly the regular attachment could not be used due to the rear brake rotar being in the way so had to use their QR system which came with it. Secondlly, even at 8 months we decided a smaller Burlely baby seat was required to give the nipper a bit more head and body support -about £50 new if i recall.

stevewhyte
    Free Member

adi66 – Member

go-bug

What he says. I really miss using mine and use a tag along now. It actually seems harder to pull.

singlespeeddan
    Free Member

Spud, can you mail me about the trailer, I think your other post is on the other thread.

djflexure

Had the Chariot too and it was suburb. Put two kids through it. They went up in price in the interim and we virtually got our money back at the end.

RustyMac

Dan are you from Aberdeen by any chance? congrats on the new arrival.

This is something i will be looking into in the next few months so following this thread with interest.

euanr
    Free Member

I have a Croozer Kid For 1. It’s great.

Use it most days to ferry my son to his childminder and also for the odd weekend jaunt. It’s well built and very cosy, an important factor as we need to go out in any weather. The reason we went for this one was that it converts to a swivel-wheel buggy very easily (also converts to a fixed-wheel offroad / jogging buggy too). This means I can ride to childminders in the morning and my wife can do the evening pick-up and then walk home.

It is solid though…the steel frame won’t break anytime soon but does weight a fair bit going up the hills. Runs very smoothly though. I lost a plastic part of the hitch at some point but it was easy enough to fix with Sugru.

singlespeeddan
    Free Member

Rusty mac, I am from aberdeen. Do you ride with the neeps? When is your wee one due?

sparkyspice
    Free Member

I bought an eBay trailer for around £70 including postage. A friend did the same but mine had a solid aluminium floor and a QR attachment point and his simply clamped onto the frame and had a canvas/material type floor, so beware what you go for.
    I found it heavier and not as compact when folded than the Go Bug/Burley options, but I couldn’t justify the £300+ price tag. I used it for both odour girls until they were both able to use tag-a-longs and then sold it for £40,

spyke85
    Free Member

Edinburgh Bicycle Coop do one. Not sure if its in their sale…well below £300

steve_b77
    Free Member

This thread is most useful, mini-me is due a trailer this spring – he’s 1in April, although big enough already – so I’ll be on the lookout soon

kimbers

we got a mint croozer2 off ebay for under your budget,it really is very useful

RustyMac

Dan,

I ride every now and then with the neeps, pretty sure i rode at Scolty with you and Terry and a few others.

Our first is due at the beginning of March and my better half has grand plans for me to take the baby out in the car seat in the trailer to get some exercise and give her some peace and quiet for a little while.

sfwebb
    Free Member

Stevewhyte, do you still have your trailer for sale? I have a 5 month and nearly 3 year old, not sure if I need a double trailer or a single. She is getting quite big for the seat on my bike (which is a small frame for a small me) but how long she will be happy in a trailer is questionable too. I’m getting fed up with having to walk or drive and desperately want to get out by bike with both of them for preschool run etc.
    Thanks hopefully

Pogo
    Free Member

stevewhyte it’s a long shot I know but have you still got the Gobug for sale or has it gone?
    Cheers marra.

spacemonkey

+1 Croozer. Used mine loads during the summer/autumn to ferry the little beast to/from nursery, to the Olympic road races and various other outdoorsy days out.

You’ll need to find a way of keeping the little ‘un’s head upright when sleeping though. I’ve tried a couple of air/neck pillows and they just don’t offer the support.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Which baby trailer?’ is closed to new replies.