Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Which baby carrier
  • bigsurfer
    Free Member

Need a baby rucksack to take my 9 month baby.

Any recomendations greatly received.

So far have tried the little life carriers which are really comfy for me but don't seem to fit her the restraint straps are way to big at their shortest.

Also tried the Vaude carriers which are really good for her but the back system is the most uncomfortable I have ever tried.

If anyone has a second hand one they don't use any more that would also be brilliant.

Cheers Ben.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

We have two Baby Bjorns for our twins – can be used from birth and dead comfy.

timwillows
    Free Member

I used Macpack for both mine and it was excellent, did both from about 9 months to about 3 1/2 years, then it was me that gave out. After 7 years of use it still looked good and went for about £80 on ebay – meaning that the effective cost was low even though it was expensive to buy.

Rickos
    Free Member

We have a Bush Baby Pinnacle. It's the top of the range one and has suspension too, but the lower down ones all have the easily adjustable shoulder straps for swapping between tall blokes and shorter women which sounds like what you're after. Very good piece of kit and come complete with sun shade, little mirror in a pocket so you can check the baby on your back, etc. which most others charge for as an extra.

fubar
    Free Member

try the (new and improved forum search)…I'm not being 'funny' but there has been loads of threads in the last couple of months (I've posted on a couple of threads)

p.s any of the Deuter (Kiddi Comfort?) range are good

Lactic
    Free Member

Second vote for Macpac. Inherited ours from my sister, still looks good and very comfy for me and the sprog.

AdamT

bigsurfer, I have a vaude one that's not required any longer. You already said that it was uncomfortable for you, but they are a bit adjustable so did you try that? Anyhow, probably not useful to you (fit is everything) but you can mail me on adam@titley.org if it's of any interest.

as so:

Smee
    Free Member

Mac-pac is dead comfy to carry.

karnali
    Free Member

litle life very comfy to carry and for the little one as well

MrSpoon
    Free Member

I love my Vaude Butterfly, tried out several carriers including MacPac and Little Life but Vaude was best for me. The Butterfly is pretty new and fully adjustable; but it is heavy!

sc-xc

AdamT, if Bigsurfer isn't interested…how much would you want for that?

eddie11
    Free Member

vaude are good.

We use a macpac which is bulletproof in construction which is useful as they take much more of a beating than a regular rucksack

Macpac: I did several "proper" hikes in the Alps/Spain with one of these; includng some ill advised via ferrata, and it was excellent. It cost a packet, but I sold it for a really good price on ebay when kids got too old to lug around, so it cost very little in the end. The model I had came with a mirror to spy on jnr; which I lost instantly. You could also get a fair amount of other faff-gear in the bottom compartment. Even had a dribble-guard; god, glad those days are over.

AdamT

Barry Bethel, providing your profile email is correct YGM

DickBarton

LittleLife Voyager S2 – really impressive piece of kit – all day comfort for carrier and junior seems quite happy in it all day as well…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Which baby carrier’ is closed to new replies.