Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Which area to stay in new York?
  • ianpinder
    Free Member

So I’m staying in new York over new year and I was wondering who has been and which area did you stay in. I’ll be staying in a hostel probably so I cen meet other people but there are so many all accross the city which is fairly big.

I’ll mostly be sight seeing, going out, perhaps a show, and shopping.

simon_g

Last time I went some friends stayed here: http://www.bigapplehostel.com/ and it seemed fine. Just off Times Square, so pretty central and easy to walk to the museums, central park, etc. All the way down to Wall St/Battery Park would be a trek but you’re well connected from there for subway trains.

takisawa2

We looked at the Banana hostel, I think it was called. That looked good. Ended up staying at some dump on 96th street. Someone I spoke to there said not to go stay into double figures in terms of street numbers.
    I remember we also looked at a really nice guest-house on Statten Island. A free ferry ride away. With hindsight we’d have stayed there but the partner wanted to be on Manhattan.

organic355
    Free Member

I wouldn’t stay at the top of the hill, could be pretty noisy when the Grand old Duke starts his manoeuvres!

ianpinder
    Free Member

I’m thinking of staying at 104 hostel on 1st ave in east Harlem

tiger_roach
    Free Member

I always stayed around the Upper West Side area close to 72nd Street when I used to go regularly.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Which area to stay in new York?’ is closed to new replies.