• This topic has 20 replies, 19 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by mapu.
Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Which are best Superstar Nano or Shimano MX30
  • keppoch

Considering a voyage into the world of flat pedals, which will be best for me out of these two?

kimbers

nanos are thinner and possibly wider

not used the shimanos but my nanos have been faultless for the last year ive had em

Onzadog
    Free Member

Sold my MX30s to buy some nanos. Not put them on the bike yet. The MX30s were very thick but I like the idea of the shimano ball bearing axle. The nanos are lower profile which I’m told is a good thing.

matt_outandabout

Shimano, purely on the fact that every Shimano product I have had has worked well for a really good length of time.
    Superstars reputation on the other hand…

GW
    Free Member

Best for YOU?
    depends what you want from them.

stevede
    Free Member

Nanos for me, got them on both of my bikes, excellent quality plus when they do start needing some tlc they are fully serviceable.
    More importantly for me they are low profile and a nice wide platform.

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

based on the replies on this thread sound pretty good?

surely the whole superstar haters thing is pretty old hat now…

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

Shimano MX30 for obvious reasons..

VassagoJay
    Free Member

Got some Nano’s and can’t fault them !! for the money they are awesome.

Northwind

matt_outandabout – Member

If you like, you can go to CRC and buy the exact same pedals with Nukeproof written on them, for twice as much…

mr_mills
    Free Member

I’ve got Nanotechs and they’re ace apart from the paint which has flaked off very quickly.

Some of the colours are anodized and this seems to wear better from what I’ve seen (i.e. it doesn’t fall off in massive chunks like the paint does).

rOcKeTdOg

Had two pairs of nanos for 18 months, used mostly through the winter gloop. No issues to report reliability wise, they are very good with 5-10 soles

ridingscared
    Free Member

Haven’t ridden nanos but the pins in the Shimanos pulled out very easily when I had them.

Tom83

I’ve had nano’s on both my bikes, can’t fault them. Used throught the winter and still smooth.

stevede
    Free Member

It is true about the finish not lasting too long on the nanos – paid an extra £5 for the chrome finish on my last pair,problem solved.

scruff
    Free Member

Ive had both, Shimanos will last longer but not as grippy, thicker and have smaller platform.

Scamper
    Free Member

Ride nano’s since the autumn and think they are great – grippy, wide, thin and pretty light. My only concern is when you do catch them, seems quite easy to tak echunks out of them

scottidog
    Free Member

RE the paint falling off… that happens on all painted pedals doesn’t it?

Tony.w
    Free Member

Dumped shimano 12 months ago for Nano’s loving them silky smooth more ground clearence. Ano finish is rubbed off in places but stamping around on them 12 hours a week its expected 😀

gravity-slave
    Free Member

I just got some HT Nano’s under the manufacturer brand for a fiver less and they are very grippy, nice and thin and pretty light

http://www.readytoridecycles.co.uk/back-in-stock—ht-components-nano—an01ss-flat-pedal-278-p.asp

Also got some Wellgo MG1’s for £31 off eBay for the Mrs and they are great and super light, not as strong but cheap enough to give them a go.

mapu
    Free Member

Another for the nanos here!

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Which are best Superstar Nano or Shimano MX30’ is closed to new replies.