Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Which AM bike?
  • jambalaya
    Free Member

Does the Mega (which is a great choice) need adjustable forks ? Just go with the 160’s ?

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

my thoughts to bren2709. Hard to define fun. I think we all have our own opionions. I quite like climbing but I doubt many would class that as fun 🙂 I keep that to myself as Im a rabid down hill fun seeker OFC

dd23
    Free Member

the new comencial meta, won best am bike in the latest mbuk,was up against the mega too.

dantsw13

Those Titus El Guapo frames are amazingly cheap at on-one too – tempting…..

Mugboo

Mega with 36’s climbs well without travel adjust.

Guapo with cane creek air looks cheap.

gravity-slave
    Free Member

Does the Mega (which is a great choice) need adjustable forks ? Just go with the 160’s ?

I’d say no.

Mine was set up with external bottom headset cup (+14.5mm) and 150mm Revelations. I went to 170mm Lyriks with a view to reducing them to 160mm and/or going for an internal lower cup. So far I have not changed anything, it’s great!

I’ve ridden down – and back up – a mini DH track in a one-er without dabbing! Just popped my Reverb back up and got stuck in. Have managed climbs that I struggled with on my Commencal Meta 5/Pikes. My riding mates said I’m faster both up and down on the Mega than the Meta – both about the same weight despite Reverb on the Mega.

climbingkev
    Free Member

Mega with 160 coil u-turns here, 1.5″ so on external headset cups……rarely wind down and there’s some long, savage climbs around me. If you can wangle a rear shock upgrade I defo would….undoubtedly the Mega’s achilles heel. That aside I consider mine a bargain and I payed full whack, so would snap up one at the prices being suggested here. I’ve got flows on hope SPAM 4’s which are ace……hear and brake to taste, xt/slx/saint for me and 30lb.

juan
    Free Member

If that’s the case what’s your suggestion?

well not a lapierre to start with. Unless you want a bike longer than a p0rn start willy…
    If I was to change my bike right now, I will change my meta 55 for a meta AM but then I don’t live in the UK, so it might not be too overkill.

boxxer7
    Free Member

Run my mega with 170mm marzocchis and external ottom cup, no need to wind anything down, just get pedalling. It’s not ideal but it works!

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Which AM bike?’ is closed to new replies.